Mexican Rice. Browse Relevant Sites & Find Mexican Rice. Search for Mexican Rice Faster & Better Here at Allsearchsite Very similar to the rice of a famous burrito place, this rice pairs well with Mexican food and can be used as a filler in burritos. Homemade Mexican rice is not supposed to be over flavored, the main dish should have the flavor and or the salsa that you serve should be as spicy as you desire.
Add one of these delicious Mexican rice recipes to your dinner menu tonight. Poblano Rice Made Easy This vibrant rice makes a hearty side. Looking for a Mexican rice recipe? You can cook Mexican Rice using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mexican Rice
- It’s 3 cups of cooked rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of boiled rajma/kidney bean.
- You need 1/2 cup of boiled sweet corn.
- You need 7-8 of boneless chicken pieces.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped green capsicum.
- Prepare 6-7 cloves of chopped garlic.
- It’s 2 of medium size of tomatoes pureed.
- You need 2 of medium size of chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 of slitted fresh chillies.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped spring onion greens.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chopped tomato.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tomato ketchup.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of mixed herbs/oregano.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of warm water.
- You need As required of Oil.
In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water, salsa and bouillon to a boil. Stir in rice; remove from the heat. Directions In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Shake rice vigorously to remove excess water.
Mexican Rice step by step
- Heat oil in a pan, add the boneless chicken pieces and fry it for 3-4 mins or until the chicken changes its colour..
- Next add the chopped onion, fry it for 2 minutes, add chopped garlic & chopped fresh chillies and fry it for 3-4 mins..
- Next add the tomato puree and cook it for another 4-5 mins, lower the flame and add cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, mixed herbs & salt to taste and mix everything well for about 2-3 mins..
- Next add the boiled rajma & sweet corn, mix it well with the masala, add the tomato ketchup & red chilli sauce, mix it well for 2-3 mins..
- Next add little warm water, add the chopped capsicum & tomato, cook it for 2-3 minutes. Add the cooked rice & some chopped spring onion greens..
- Gently Mix everything well and it's done..
This step removes the starch from the rice so it will not stick. IF YOU OMIT THIS STEP YOUR RICE WILL NOT BE DRY AND FLUFFY. Prep the rice: Add rice to a fine mesh strainer and rinse it until the water runs clear. Add remaining ingredients: Add tomato sauce, garlic, and diced onion to the pan. Stir in tomato bullion, salt, carrots, peas, and water.