Chicken and yellow rice. Make Chicken & Yellow Rice With Broccoli & Cheddar Cheese For A Delicious Family Meal. Stir rice, plus the included seasoning packet, and olive oil into broth. Arrange chicken breast over rice and season with black pepper and poultry seasoning.
TIP: Tradition Cuban Chicken and Yellow Rice (Arroz con Pollo) is made with a whole fryer chicken cut into pieces. See bottom of post for even more chicken variation ideas! Before I start anything, I like to chop my onions, red pepper, chorizo, and garlic. You can have Chicken and yellow rice using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and yellow rice
- You need 3 of mini red bell peppers.
- It’s 1/2 of of a yellow onion.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 pack of Goya yellow rice.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of soy sauce(optional).
- You need 3 of large boneless chicken breast.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
That saves me from scrambling around while I'm cooking the yellow rice. when it begins to boil, add the rice mix and boil for about a minute. put the rice mixture in the casserole or paella pan. Place chicken on the top, then sprinkle you peppers, onions and whole garlic cloves on top of the chicken. In this easy dish, chicken is baked with yellow rice, which gets its color (and flavor) from a few generous pinches of saffron threads. Saffron is the stigma of the crocus flower, and it is a common ingredient in Indian and Spanish dishes, as well as Italian risotto.
Chicken and yellow rice instructions
- Heat up olive oil in a wok.
- Add in the onions, peppers, and garlic. Sauté them for about 15 min.
- Dice and season your chicken (to your liking) and add it to the veggies..
- Once your chicken is about half way cooked add your 4 cups of water and 1 pack of rice. Cook on med/low heat until rice softens and thickens.
- I served mines with a side of broccoli or you can serve the broccoli on top of the rice.
It is also an ingredient found in real Arabic coffee and Swedish saffron bread. Measure yellow saffron rice into a mixing bowl. Add a can of condensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup, and a can of drained, diced mushrooms. My One-Pot Chicken and Yellow Rice is loaded with peas, carrots, plenty of spices, and the real winning addition (according to my husband and two toddler boys), green olives. They lend saltiness and brininess to cut through the otherwise heaviness of a rice-based dish.