Cheese Cake (Easy). Make our top-rated strawberry cheesecake in four easy steps: blend soft cheese with double cream, vanilla and icing sugar for a silky smooth filling. Pour over a biscuit base and leave to set overnight in the fridge. Top with strawberry purée and sliced strawberries for a versatile dessert welcome at any occasion.
Press into the bottom of a round cake tin. Beat together cream cheese, cream, icing sugar and vanilla. Top biscuit base with mixture and chill for an hour or so. You can have Cheese Cake (Easy) using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheese Cake (Easy)
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 3 1/2 tbsp of butter (small cubes).
- It’s 2 oz of cream cheese (small cubes).
- You need 4 of egg yolks.
- You need 1/8 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s 1/8 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 6 of egg whites.
- It’s 1/3 cup of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare of Hot water.
- Prepare of Powdered sugar.
- It’s of EQUIPMENTS NEEDED:.
- Prepare of Hand mixer.
- It’s of Parchment paper.
Put the shortbread biscuits into a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin until broken. Put this on top of each biscuit base and smooth out with the back of a spoon. The cheesecake should be just set with a slight wobble and should still be cream on top with just a slight. Clodagh McKenna's lemon cheesecake with hazelnut crumb.
Cheese Cake (Easy) instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F..
- In a cooking pot set to medium heat stir milk, butter and cream cheese. Stir ingredients until combined. Set aside and let it cool..
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg yolk until soft. While mixing, pour in cheese mixture. Make sure all ingredients are combined..
- Sift in cornstarch and flour into the mixture to avoid lumps. Continue mixing until incorporated..
- In a separate mixing bowl. Whisk egg whites with the hand mixer until fluffy and gradually add sugar. Keep mixing until soft peaks/meringue are formed..
- On the Cheese mixture gradually add meringue and fold until evenly combined. Keep repeating process until all meringue are used..
- Grease the bottom of the baking pan with melted butter or cooking spray. (I used 9"x11" loaf pan) and line the inner sides with parchment paper..
- Pour mixture. And drop pan 2-3 times to remove excess air bubbles..
- On a larger tray, line 2 paper towels and place baking pan on top of it. To make sure pan is evently heated during baking and larger tray with hot water. (About 0.5 – 1.0 in of water, just demonstrated how it is done for beginners like me).
- Bake for 25 mins, then decrease oven temperature to 285°F and bake for additional 55 mins..
- Let it cool for about an hour before taking off the pan..
- Sift powdered sugar on top. Serve and enjoy..
Baking in a bain-marie (that's a roasting tray full of hot water) can help prevent cracking,. In my humble opinion, cheesecake is easier to make than cakes. You don't need to worry about the cake rising, or even sadder is when it sinks in the middle while it cools (such a let down after thinking you've nailed it!). And it's definitely easier than making pastry. The risk of failure with baked cheesecakes is lower.