The Perfect Banana Bread. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Put two-thirds of the peeled bananas into a bowl and mash them with a fork or potato masher until smooth.
Easy to make, great with tea and beloved by kids and adults alike, it's not hard to see why this is one of the most popular baking recipes on BBC Good Food. THE PERFECT BANANA BREAD This text can be used to share information about your brand with customers. Follow these tips to ensure perfectly baked banana. You can cook The Perfect Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of The Perfect Banana Bread
- You need 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour/ maida.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 3-4 of very ripe bananas.
- Prepare 8 tablespoons (1 stick) of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- You need 3/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of toasted chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 1 cup of chocolate chips.
Lockdown has brought everyone to making banana bread with them old bananas from the fruit bowl so today I wanted to share my favourite recipe for the perfect banana bread! The bananas have to be over-ripe. When it comes to banana bread, the blacker the peel, the better. These mushy bananas give off a much sweeter flavor, making them perfect for baking banana bread.
The Perfect Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prep a bread loaf tin or a 8X8 inch baking tray with oil spray and dust with flour..
- The most important step in this recipe is to eliminate the excess moisture from bananas. To add intense banana flavor without the moisture (to avoid a dense cake), we place our bananas in a glass bowl and microwave them for 4-5 minutes. Then we transfer the microwaved bananas to a fine mash strainer and let the juice drain. Now transfer the liquid to a saucepan and cook over medium heat till it's reduced to 1/4th cup. Mash the banana concentrate into the bananas until it's smooth..
- Whisk melted butter, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla into a bowl. Pour the banana mix into this and whisk throughly. Next sieve flour, baking soda and salt into this mix and stir until combined. Gently fold in the roasted walnuts (roasting the walnuts gives it a nice crunch). Coating the chocolate chips with 1/2 teaspoon of flour ensures that the chocolate chips don't sink to the bottom of the pan, and spread evenly in the banana bread. Fold the dusted chocolate chips into batter..
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-55 min. Bake until done; use a toothpick to the check the center of the loaf to see if the baking process is complete and the toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn the pan upside down into wire rack to release the cake. Let it cool further. Enjoy with a glass of cold milk or strong coffee!.
Previously frozen ripe bananas work great as well! To do so, you can use a fork, a potato masher or hand mixer. Place the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Mash the bananas in a smaller bowl, and stir together with the Greek yogurt*, milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. This vegan banana bread is the perfect recipe to use up all those ripe bananas.