Home Brew Day Dog Biscuits. Browse Our Great Selection Of Dry Dog Food. Home Brew Day Dog Biscuits OregonGardener. These biscuits are made from the spent grain from making a batch of home brewed beer.
You can freeze in portion size bags for later use. Combine all ingredients in mixer bowl. Mix until all ingredients are combined. You can have Home Brew Day Dog Biscuits using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Home Brew Day Dog Biscuits
- It’s 4 cup of spent grain.
- Prepare 3 cup of wheat (or white) flour.
- It’s 1 cup of peanut butter (crunch or smooth).
- It’s 2 each of eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of honey (optional).
The mix will be very stcky, you can add flour as needed. The ball will harden the more you work it and the longer it sits. At the end of a brew day you're left with a bucket of grains. An easy option is to throw them in the compost.
Home Brew Day Dog Biscuits step by step
- Note: Use spent grains within the first few days after brewing. You can freeze in portion size bags for later use..
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Combine all ingredients in mixer bowl. Mix until all ingredients are combined. The mix will be very stcky, you can add flour as needed. The ball will harden the more you work it and the longer it sits..
- Pour mixture on to a generously floured surface..
- I like to make it easy and just press the mix on to a non – greased cookie sheet and score to the size you want. You can also use a spoon to create cookie drops..
- Bake for 30-minutes at 350°F, then reduce the temperature to 225°F for 1- hour, or longer until they are dry..
- Note: Dried cookies will keep for 2 – weeks in an air tight container or longer if you freeze..
However, there are many other things you can do with the grains. Breweries will often donate their grains to local farms, but on a small scale, I have another idea for our animal friends at home. These dog treats are simple to make and also inexpensive. Mix the eggs, flour, grain, peanut butter in a bowl. After that, break the treats apart.