Blueberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce. The Freshest Seafood From Cornwall, Delivered Straight to Your Door. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Saute until softened and add the garlic.
Cook the mix, stirring often, until the. Transfer the blueberries to a high-sided pot. Using a food processor, process the blueberries until smooth (or until. You can cook Blueberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blueberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
- Prepare 1 each of tomato.
- You need 12 oz of tomato paste.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cup of blueberries.
- You need 6 each of fresh chipotle peppers.
- It’s 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of honey.
- It’s 1 1/3 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tbsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 dash of liquid smoke (optional).
Add the ketchup, molasses, apple cider vinegar,. Great recipe for Blueberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce. Tangy, sticky KC style barbecue sauce, with a blueberry twist! Perfect for ribs, pulled pork, chicken, or as a spread on your favorite sandwich!
Blueberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce instructions
- Cut tops off tomato and chipotle peppers, and remove seeds from both..
- In a blender or food processor, combine tomato, chipotles, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and 2 cups of blueberries, setting 1 1/2 cups aside. Purée this for 60-90 seconds, or until mixture is mostly smooth..
- While blending, gradually add tomato paste..
- Transfer contents of blender to a medium pot and placed on medium-low heat..
- Stir often, but constant stirring is not necessary–just enough to keep sauce from caking to the sides of the pot..
- As sauce begins to steam, gradually add the honey, stirring until dissolved..
- Next, add your remaining (whole) blueberries, garlic powder, cinnamon, paprika, ginger, liquid smoke, salt and pepper. Stir well..
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sauce should be quite viscous but pourable, similar to ketchup in consistency. If it's too runny, continue reducing it over low heat..
- Brush it over your favorite meat just as the meat is done cooking and enjoy!!!.
To make the blueberry puree combine the blueberries, honey, and water to a small saucepan. Place into food processor or blender and puree until relatively smooth – a few one second pulses. Whisk together all the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the garlic and ginger, saute for a minute more. Add the blueberries, veggie broth and soy sauce and bring to a boil.