North Carolina Corn Bread. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
Add the eggs and buttermilk, stirring gently-just enough to blend. Remove the pan from the oven and carefully swirl (brush) to coat the whole surface. Pour the excess butter into the batter and mix lightly to blend. You can have North Carolina Corn Bread using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of North Carolina Corn Bread
- You need of Ground White Cornmeal.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Baking Powder.
- You need of Baking Soda.
- Prepare of Eggs.
- It’s of Buttermilk or 1 1/2 Tbs White Vinegar or Lemon Juice + 1 1/2 Cup Milk, let stand for about 10 minutes.
- It’s of Butter, melted.
Combine all ingredients in order listed, adding just enough water to get batter that is like pancake batter, pourable but not too thin. Melt a generous amount of butter on a griddle or in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour batter to make small cakes (not too small). Fry, turn and fry the other side.
North Carolina Corn Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 450. Put butter in a 9” cast iron skillet and put the pan in the oven until very hot..
- Mix whole eggs and milk together..
- Mix cornmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda together in a bowl..
- Add the eggs and buttermilk, stirring gently-just enough to blend..
- Remove the pan from the oven and carefully swirl (brush) to coat the whole surface..
- Pour the excess butter into the batter and mix lightly to blend..
- Then pour into the hot skillet. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until firm and golden brown..
Menu Contact; CornBread Recipe; Krispy Kreme; Dumb Laws; Important People; Industry; North Carolina Panthers; State Song; Maps; CornBread Recipe. Originally a Native American dish, cornbread was adopted by the people of the Southern colonies and quickly became a staple for just about everyone. Not all cornbreads are created equal, however. Both of my sister-in-laws parents were born in the mountains of North Carolina. This is her family recipe; couldn't believe how simple it is!