Ground Beef Pot Pie. Check Out Ground Beef on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Read customer reviews & Find best sellers.
Spray a deep pie pan with a non-stick spray, and set aside. In a separate bowl, combine cooked ground beef, cooked (or frozen) cubed potatoes, frozen veggies, cream of chicken soup, and salt and pepper. Roll out a pie crust in a deep pie pan. You can have Ground Beef Pot Pie using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ground Beef Pot Pie
- You need of psychobetty's pie crust recipe.
- You need of ground beef.
- Prepare of onion, chopped.
- You need of minced garlic.
- Prepare of flour.
- Prepare of beef broth.
- It’s of frozen mixed vegetables.
- You need of milk, cream or ½ & ½.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of egg, beaten with a splash of water.
- Prepare of coarse sea salt for dusting of top layer of pie crust.
Brown beef and onion in a large deep skillet over medium heat until done. When done, drain and return to pan. Add the ground beef to the empty pot. Cook until no longer pink, breaking apart and stirring as the meat cooks; drain the grease and season with salt and pepper.
Ground Beef Pot Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Over medium high heat cook ground beef until browned. Add onions and sweat for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes..
- Add flour to the ground beef mixture. Stir for one minute and then slowly whisk the beef broth in, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan..
- Once mixture thickens add salt and pepper to taste. Add milk and bring back up to a simmer. Stir in mixed vegetables and remove from heat. Cool slightly..
- Prepare your pie pan with half of the dough rolled out for the bottom and the remaining rolled out for top layer..
- Pour ground beef mixture into the pie pan over the bottom crust. Fit the top crust over the ground beef mixture. Brush egg wash over the top generously. Sprinkle coarse sea salt over the egg wash..
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. Serve with a nice leafy salad ir green vegetable..
Sprinkle the flour over the cooked beef and stir to combine. Stir cornstarch into beef mixture until mixed. Return to the cooktop, remove the lid from the skillet, and add the cooked ground beef and frozen peas. Stir until combined and spoon the ground beef filling into the crust. Roll out a crust for the top and put it on top of the filling.