Chicken Daleem Recipe. Blend barley and wheat mixture until smooth,add cooked chicken and chicken cubes,mix until well combined. Add salt and boiled water if haleem is too thick (optional) and blend again. Add whole spice powder,nutmeg & mace powder and chaat masala.
Now, add all the pre-soaked grains/ lentils and rice. A very famous street food which is seen only during Ramadan in Hyderabad, Bangalore and many more places, cooked with broken wheat, all types of dals and chicken or mutton. See recipes for Chicken Haleem, Chicken Daleem(Haleem) too. You can cook Chicken Daleem Recipe using 28 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Daleem Recipe
- It’s of Water.
- You need of Jau (Barley) ¾ cup soaked overnight.
- Prepare of Gandum /Gehu (Wheat) 1 & ¼ cup soaked overnight.
- Prepare of Baking soda.
- It’s of Oil.
- You need of Adrak lehsan paste (Ginger garlic paste).
- Prepare of Boneless chicken.
- Prepare of Lal mirch powder (Red chilli powder) 1 tbs or to taste.
- Prepare of Dhania powder (Coriander powder).
- Prepare of Haldee powder (Turmeric powder).
- It’s of Hari mirch (Green chilli) Chopped.
- It’s of Namak (Salt) 1 & ½ tsp or to taste.
- Prepare of Dahi (Yogurt).
- You need of Pyaz (Onion) Fried.
- Prepare of Chicken cubes 2.
- It’s of Namak (Salt) If required.
- Prepare of Pani (Water) Boiled (optional).
- Prepare of Garam masala powder (Whole spice powder).
- You need of Jaifil & javitri powder (Nutmeg & mace powder).
- You need of Chat masala as required.
- It’s of Oil.
- You need of Pyaz (Onion) Sliced.
- It’s of Pyaz (Onion) Fried.
- You need of Hari mirch (Green chilli).
- You need of Hara dhania (Green coriander).
- You need of Adrak (ginger) Julienne.
- Prepare of Chaat masala 1 tsp or as required.
- You need of Leemo (Lemon).
How to make Daleem at Home by Kitchen With Amna. In wok,add oil,ginger garlic paste,boneless chicken,fry until it changes color. Add red chili powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder,green chili,salt,yogurt and cook until chicken is done. Add fried onion,mix well,shred cooked chicken and set aside.
Chicken Daleem Recipe instructions
- Pot mein pani,jau,gandum/gehu dal kar ubal anay dein,halki ancch per 30 minute kliya paka lein..
- Baking soda dal dein aur dhak kar paka lein (approximately: 1 & ½ hour)..
- Karhai mein oil,adrak lehsan paste,bonless chicken dal kar rang tabdeel hunay tak paka lein..
- Lal mirch powder,dhania powder,haldee powder,hari mirch,namak aur dahi dal kar chicken pak janay tak paka lein..
- Fried pyaz dal kar ache tarhan mix kerlein,chicken ko resha kar ka side per rakh dein..
- Jau aur gandum ka mixture ko smooth blend kar lein, cooked chicken aur chicken cubes dal kar ache tarhan mix kar lein..
- Namak aur boiled pani (optional) dal kar dubara sa blend kar lein..
- Garam masala powder,jaifil & javitri powder aur chaat masala shamil karein..
- Frying pan mein oil aur pyaz dal kar golden brown hunay tak fry kar lein,fried pyaz ko haleem mixture mein dal kar ache tarhan mix kar lein..
- Hari mirch,hara dhania,adrak,lal mirch sa garnish karein.aur serve kry.
It is mainly served in Pakistan, India and Bangladesh with slight difference in the recipe and spices. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside to cool. Add chicken stock to the grains pots. Daleem is one of the most wholesome dishes there are. My mother makes the best daleem in the world.