Mely's ultimate enchiladas. From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order. Browse Our Great Selection of Books & Get Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
These enchiladas are filled with chicken, bathed in a creamy salsa verde, and covered with cheese, before being baked in the oven. The melted Swiss cheese on top is what sets these enchiladas apart from others, which are usually garnished with crumbled cheeses. Chicken, beef, turkey or veggie we have plenty of recipes to choose from to make the ultimate Tex-Mex feast. You can have Mely's ultimate enchiladas using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mely's ultimate enchiladas
- You need of Ground Meat.
- You need of ground beef.
- You need of sofrito (recipe on my recipes) (optional).
- You need of tomato sauce.
- It’s of adobo or salt to taste.
- It’s of oil.
- Prepare of Topping.
- It’s of Armour chili with beans, mild.
- You need of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of corn tortillas or 14 small.
- You need of Meat filling.
- Prepare of 8 oz cream cheese, softened.
- Prepare of sour cream.
- You need of salsa verde (available in the mexican aisle on supermarkets).
- You need of cheddar cheese, shredded.
- Prepare of taco sauce, mild.
We give you our version of tex mex enchiladas! In this delicious mid week recipe chicken and delicious veg are wrapped up in tortillas, then sprinkled heavil. Start by making the enchilada sauce. Enchiladas Made Easy – This is a easy to make and follow Chicken Enchilada video with several layers of delicious flavor.
Mely's ultimate enchiladas instructions
- Salt the ground meat to taste with the adobo or salt. Add oil to a pan. If using sofrito, add sofrito and the tomato sauce. Let it cook for about 3-5 mins..
- Add meat to the pan and mix with the sofrito mixture. Cook the ground meat until is done. Set aside..
- In a bowl mix the sour cream, cream cheese, salsa verde, 1 cup of taco sauce and 1/2 of shredded cheese.
- Add the meat to the sauce mixture. Set aside..
- Add 1/2 cup of taco sauce to a 15 x 10 inch Baking Dish..
- Add cooking spray to a pan and "fry" each corn tortilla on both sides and transfer to the baking dish filling each one with 2-3 tablespoons of meat mixture..
- When all the corn tortillas are filled and arranged in the baking dish, pour the chili can as a topping on top of the enchiladas..
- To finish top with a package of shredded cheese..
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 mins or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy!!!.
Today I am making cheesy chicken enchiladas my favorite way, baking in the oven. The homemade enchilada sauce gravy and the cheese make this a baked comfort. One of the few Mexican dishes that benefits from a knife and fork, Enchiladas are soft corn tortillas wrapped around tender chicken and baked in the oven in a rich and tangy tomato sauce. These hefty dishes are a firm family favourite and everyone should leave the table feeling satisfied. Our recipes below include a classic chicken and cheese and also a few variations such as Tuna & Pepper.