Instant Pot Chicken Burrito/Sandwich Filling (GF). Chop herbs and veggies: While rice is cooking, chop cilantro, cabbage, green onion and shred cheese. Mix: Shred chicken and combine all. Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl is a scrumptious homemade version of a Chipotle chicken burrito bowl.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN BURRITO FILLING IN AN INSTANT POT Using the sauté function, add the onions, oil, and seasoning. Add all other ingredients (except for tortillas, sour cream, beans, and rice). Seal the lid and pressure valve. You can cook Instant Pot Chicken Burrito/Sandwich Filling (GF) using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Chicken Burrito/Sandwich Filling (GF)
- It’s 2 lb of chicken breasts.
- You need 1-1/4 cup of long grain brown rice.
- It’s 1 can of black beans, rinsed.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 jar of fire roasted salsa.
- You need 1 of large poblano pepper, diced.
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken or veggie broth.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
First, toss the chicken chunks with one tablespoon of taco seasoning and set aside. Add one tablespoon of olive oil to the Instant Pot and turn on the sauté feature. Remove the chicken from the pot. We are ready to get cooking!
Instant Pot Chicken Burrito/Sandwich Filling (GF) step by step
- Saute onions with olive oil, 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add remaining ingredients and set instant pot to 12 minutes. If you're chicken is thick, you can cut the breasts into halves..
- Quick release instant pot. Remove chicken and shred. Mix back in and serve..
- Serve on your favorite GF burger bun, toasted. A slice of pepper jack cheese to your burger is delicious..
Start by adding in the frozen chicken, uncooked brown rice, black beans, can of diced tomatoes, minced garlic, cumin, onion powder, chili powder, and the chicken broth. Yes EVERYTHING, throw it all in there! Learn how to use your Instant Pot to meal prep by subscribing to our newsletter! Check out our top-rated Instant Pot chicken recipes for quick, easy, and delicious dinners in a flash. From easy chicken and rice to chicken curry or cacciatore, plus recipes using chicken thighs and breasts, we have loads of ways to make chicken in your Instant Pot.