Grass-Themed Chocolate Birthday Cake 🎂 (Long Recipe). Grass-Themed Chocolate Birthday Cake 🎂 (Long Recipe) The next treat is very popular in the world (especially in Europe). There are lots of French tested recipes. There are lots of opinions that will French cake is difficult to prepare.
My husband is responsible for the recipe behind this Chocolate Birthday Cake. More than a decade ago, back when he and I were just dating, I asked him what kind of cake he wanted me to bake for him for his birthday. Remove and let cool five minutes, then run a knife around the edges of the pan. You can have Grass-Themed Chocolate Birthday Cake 🎂 (Long Recipe) using 23 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grass-Themed Chocolate Birthday Cake 🎂 (Long Recipe)
- You need of Cake:.
- It’s 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- You need 2 of tsps baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 of tsps dry coffee.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of boiled water.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 40 g of 85% cocoadark chocolate (optional).
- Prepare of Frosting:.
- You need 3 cups of icing sugar.
- You need 2/3 cups of cocoa powder.
- It’s 200 g of softened unsalted butter.
- It’s 60 g of melted dark chocolate.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of boiled water.
- You need 1 tbsp of liquid milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of tsps vanilla extract.
- You need of Note: 2 tsps dry coffee to 1 1/2 cups warm water + 1/2 cup milk.
Discover our ultimate, triple-tested chocolate cake recipes, you won't look back. Two words guaranteed to make us dream of showstopping bakes and nostalgic childhood desserts. However, if you need to make any other swaps, here are some recommendations: To make a gluten-free chocolate cake: This recipe does use all-purpose flour. For the chocolate lover in your life.
Grass-Themed Chocolate Birthday Cake 🎂 (Long Recipe) instructions
- Pre-heat up your oven to 350 ° F. If you're not ready to use the oven and it has reached this temperature and you're using a gas oven (w/out temperature gauge), you can maintain this heat by allowing the temperature rise beyond 350 ° F for about 5 minutes then reducing your flames to medium high; then bake when it has settled at 350 ° F.
- Grease your pans with butter and line them with parchment paper. PLEASE DON'T SKIP THIS STEP. This is a gooey cake and will stick to the pan if you omit this step. Don't be like me… before I updated this recipe 😢.
- Melt the chocolate over boiling water.
- Boil water. Add in coffee and milk. The milk will help cool down the boiled water. Stir. Set aside to cool down a bit. Don't let it cool completely; it should be warm enough to drink. The heat from the warmed coffee will help break down the cocoa powder.
- While the coffee cools, sift the dry ingredients into your mixing bowl: flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Whisk (or mix thoroughly) and set aside.
- When the coffee has cooled [enough to drink], add in the other liquid ingredients: vegetable oil, vinegar, vanilla. Stir.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the mixing bowl of dry ingredients and whisk [or mix thoroughly]. Ensure you stir to the bottom so that all the dry ingredients are mixed in. Your batter should be runny and a bit lumpy. It already tastes yummy🤤.
- Add the melted chocolate.
- Transfer the batter to the lined pans and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Bake for 45 minutes or till it's baked. It is baked when you insert a toothpick/cutlery and it comes out without wet batter.
- Look at that baby rise at 15 minutes 😃 Don't open the oven till it's about 35 minutes (if necessary).
- Let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes. This will give it the last level of cooking needed (no need to leave your cake in the oven longer than usual to cook thoroughly). I need to stop "stabbing" my cakes with a knife and use a toothpick instead 🙄 You should too..
- Place it on a wire rack and let it cool down to room temperature..
- That's it! Enjoy your moist yummy chocolate cake. But what's a birthday cake without icing/frosting 🤷🏾♀️ Let's frost it then 😃.
- Melt the chocolate over boiling water.
- Sift the icing sugar and beat it together with the butter till its thick and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and milk and mix well to combine.
- Scoop out the batter needed for the grass and add the colour, little at a time. I regretted using liquid colouring cause I had to use almost 2 tsps and it made the frosting more runny. PLEASE USE GEL FOOD COLOURING if possible.
- Watch the change of colour per addition.
- For the remaining batter, sift in the cocoa powder, pour the boiled water and whisk. Water lightens up the frosting for piping and easy spread on the cake. But boiled water breaks up the cocoa powder to release its flavor. Wanna switch it up? Substitute the boiled water for "boiled" milk 😉.
- That's it!!! Slap it on the cake however you would. Have fun with it. Enjoy 🤤.
- Get your piping bag and get creative with those grasses.
Heaps of chocolate birthday cakes, chocolate cupcakes and chocolate fairy cake recipes, with chocolate icing recipes to boot. Birthday cake recipes Make someone's birthday extra special with one of these incredibly delicious and crowd-pleasing birthday cakes. Choose from chocolate, carrot, lemon, Victoria and much more. A delicious chocolate sponge cake with chocolate buttercream icing and decorated with even more chocolate, it will be ideal for chocolate lovers or just those who like an impressive cake. I made this cake for my daughter's birthday as it was perfect to feed a horde of hungry kids after a hectic birthday party!