Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siew). Compare the best deals for Bbq! Updated daily deals Everything You Love On eBay. Check Out Great Products On eBay.
Some observations: Chinese use pork butt for Char Siu because we love the fat and it really is part and parcel to the authentic dish. That said, I used tenderloin the first time, pork sirloin roast the second, and pork shoulder the last. The latter/fatter cut was better in flavor and juiciness, but of course, less healthy. You can have Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siew) using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siew)
- Prepare 100 grams of pork strip.
- It’s 1 dash of meat tenderizer.
- Prepare 1 cup of sauce pls refer to APP RECIPE ON (SAUCE FOR PORK OR SPARE RIB).
I do like pretty red colored char siu but against my better judgement. Char siu (or slightly different spelling, cha siu) is its Cantonese name, but in Mandarin, it is known as cha shao. To make char siu, pork is marinated in a sweet BBQ sauce and then roasted. Aromatic, smoky, savoury & a little sweet, Cantonese classic dish Char Siu (Chinese BBQ pork) is one of the tastiest ways to roast pork.
Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siew) instructions
- For the diy sauce for pork and spare ribs please view the attachment below.
- Marinate pork with meat tenderizer and sauce for pork for 20 minute.
- Bake the pork with half the sauce 180 C for 25 minute or longer depending on the thickness of pork.
- Turn pork and add balance sauce then bake for another 15 minute or longer depending on the thickness of pork.
- Remove pork then add 3tbsp of water on baking dish to dilute sauce bring it to a boil and then fully coat cooked pork with sauce.
- Below are few of my recipes using this chinese bbq,sauce (char siew sauce), i am glad to share with you https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/334149-baked-soft-pork-rib-in-chinese-bbq-sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/369030-chinese-brocoli-with-bbq-chinese-sauce-char-siew-sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/334649-salmon-in-chinese-bbq-sauce-char-siew-sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/335386-baked-chicken-in-chinese-bbq-sauce-char-siew.
A Classic Chinese Delicacy: Char Siew, Chinese Barbecue Pork 叉烧 "Char Siew " literally means "fork burn / roast" after the traditional cooking method for the dish. It is of Cantonese origin where pork meat is marinated and then roasted in the oven to a charred and sticky sweet perfection. Char Siu Pork is also known as Chinese style BBQ pork is famous roasted pork dish. It is featured not only by the yummy taste but also the light red color. In Chinese Char Siu is 叉烧 meaning roasted pork on certain of fork.