Greek Lemon Chicken Rice. Fully compliant UK Veterinary Dispensary and only genuine UK sourced products. Helping you cut the cost of pet care. From the restaurant to your doorstep.
Once simmering, nestle chicken thighs on top of the rice mixture. How to make One Pot Greek Lemon Chicken and Rice. First the chicken is seared in the pan and then onion is browned in the same pot, garlic is added then oregano and stock before rice is added. You can cook Greek Lemon Chicken Rice using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek Lemon Chicken Rice
- It’s of cooked white rice.
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of white wine.
- You need of lemon juice.
- You need of blanched fresh pea pods.
- You need of Greek seasoning.
- Prepare of chopped purple onion.
- You need of chopped yellow pepper.
- Prepare of chopped cooked chicken.
- You need of whole grape tomatoes.
The chicken is popped back on top of the rice and then it all goes into the oven. Whilst baking, the stock, lemon and juices from the chicken come together to. The rice is more like a pilaf, meaning there's onion, garlic, and more of those delicious Greek spices added in. Chicken stock is added to the rice mixture and then the skillet is covered and put in the oven.
Greek Lemon Chicken Rice instructions
- Cook rice.
- Cook chicken or use left overs.
- Wash and chop veggies.
- Boil water. Add pea pods. Remove in 1-2 min and run under cold water..
- Heat wok to medium on stove..
- Add butter..
- Add yellow pepper & purple onion. Saute 3 min..
- Add wine..
- Add rice, chicken, pea pods, grape tomatoes & seasonings..
- Add lemon juice..
- Serve immediately or later; keeps well..
Remove the foil and stir through the green beans. Add the marinade to the pan along with the broth and rice for even. HOW TO MAKE ONE POT GREEK CHICKEN AND RICE – STEP BY STEP Place chicken, oregano, garlic, olive oil and the juice from ½ of the lemon into a bowl or ziplock bag and season with salt and pepper. How to make Greek lemon rice In a saucepan over medium heat, add your olive oil and let it heat up for a minute. Add your salt and lemon juice and saute for an additional minute.