Shakshuka with Shrimp and Mussels. Add shrimp to pan, season with salt and pepper and sauté. Directions Heat the olive oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to pan where eggs are not.
Saute onion and garlic in a little oil. This dish is made with Moroccan Baked Eggs in a Spiced Eggplant and Tomato Stew. Shakshuka: Moroccan Baked Eggs Step-by-step guide for making traditional shakshuka (print-friendly recipe below) Cook onions, bell peppers, and garlic. You can have Shakshuka with Shrimp and Mussels using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shakshuka with Shrimp and Mussels
- You need 1 of large yellow bell pepper cored, seeded and thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of large red bell pepper cored, seeded and thinly sliced 🫑.
- Prepare 1 of large orange bell pepper puréed.
- Prepare 2 cups of red, yellow and orange tomatoes halved 🍅.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion (about 1 cup) diced 🧅.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves chopped🧄.
- It’s 1.5 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1.5 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 pound of mussels.
- Prepare 1.5 pound of shrimp 🍤.
- It’s 2 cups of cauliflower rice 🍚.
- Prepare 15 of black olives chopped🫒.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of crumbled feta cheese.
- Prepare 3/4 of of a cup of water.
Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large heavy skillet or pan. Add chopped onions, bell peppers, and garlic. Add coriander, paprika, cumin, crushed red pepper flakes (if using) and a good pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Shakshuka is an easy, healthy breakfast (or any time of day) recipe in Israel and other parts of the Middle East and North Africa.
Shakshuka with Shrimp and Mussels instructions
- Heat skillet 🍳 to a medium heat and begin to sauté the onions, garlic and after 1 minute in add turmeric and cumin powder and allow spices to bloom and become fragrant..
- Add the puréed pepper and halved tomatoes. As the water begins to come out of the vegetables a sauce will begin to form. Add the remaining 2 thinly sliced peppers and simmer for about 5 minutes with skillet covered..
- Add the feta crumbles, sliced olives and a 1/2 cup of water. Simmer for 2 minutes with skillet covered..
- Add the shrimp and mussels and simmer with the skillet covered for 5 minutes or until all of the mussels are opened. (Discard any mussels that do not open.).
- Serve over cooked cauliflower rice. (My wife ❤️’s it when I put the cauliflower rice in the sauce as it’s simmering that is certainly a good way to flavor the rice) and finish with salt and pepper to taste. And for a little heat sprinkle a small pinch of crushed red pepper..
It's a simple combination of simmering tomatoes, onions, garlic, spices and gently poached eggs. It's nourishing, filling and one recipe I guarantee you'll make time and again. Season the sauce with salt, pepper or Peperoncini Piccanti to taste. Sprinkle with onions & parsley and serve with lemon wedges and crusty bread. Using a tongs, transfer the opened shellfish to serving bowls (discard any shellfish that do not open).