Memphis Bbq Sauce. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Traditionally, Memphis Barbecue is served without a sauce.
A good Memphis Barbecue sauce is thinner than most tomato-based sauces. In a medium saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the ketchup, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. You can cook Memphis Bbq Sauce using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Memphis Bbq Sauce
- Prepare 2 cup of Ketchup.
- Prepare 2 of Onions(finely chopped).
- You need 1 cup of Apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Yellow mustard.
We developed this Memphis-style barbecue sauce recipe to serve with our Memphis-Style BBQ Nachos, but it is also great for adding to BBQ sandwiches, serving as a dipping sauce, and more. After it's prepared, you can store the sauce in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to one week, but we bet it won't last that long. Once you discover how easy it can be to make your own barbecue. Memphis barbecue sauce is considered by many barbecue enthusiasts to be the best all-purpose barbecue sauce recipe.
Memphis Bbq Sauce step by step
- In sauce pan combine everything except ketchup on low heat and mix together until sugar is desolved..
- Add ketchup and slowly bring to simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes.
It has a great balance between hot, sweet and tangy. It's traditionally served with pork but works just fine with beef and chicken. The secret is in the sauce. This recipe is posted on another web site and I made some minor adjustments for personal taste. Michael Symon Dairy-Free Cream of Wild Mushroom.