Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce – copycat. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! DIRECTIONS Whisk together all ingredients except cornstarch and cold water in a medium pot over medium heat.
Whisk together all ingredients (except the corn starch in water) in a medium pot over medium heat. For a thicker sauce, add the corn starch and water mixture. Stir together all ingredients except for the water and corn starch in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat. You can cook Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce – copycat using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce – copycat
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 cup of dark brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of molasses.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pineapple juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of hickory liquid smoke (optional).
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of ground mustard.
- You need 2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer. Keep in mind, you want to use a ketchup that isn't too sweet here otherwise the bbq. Brown sugar: adds sweetness to the sauce Molasses: add both sweetness and a deep rich flavor to the sauce Pineapple juice:. Rich, decadent, and oh-so-flavorful, this Sweet and Smoky BBQ Sauce is a healthy nod to the famous Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce.
Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce – copycat instructions
- Collect all the ingredients together.
- Whisk all ingredients together (except cornstarch) in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until sugar has dissolved.
- To thicken sauce, dissolve cornstarch in 1/8 cup of cold water and whisk into sauce..
- Now simmer for 15 minutes until required thickness is reached. Sauce will thicken a little more when it cools.
- Bottle and refrigerate..
Combine all the ingredients size sauce pot. Bring to a boil and reduce and simmer for five minutes or until all the sugar has dissolved. Serve immediately or cover and store in fridge. From the initial sizzle to the final bite, all you need is Sweet Baby Ray's. Our Original BBQ Sauce is next level for marinating, dipping or as an awesome cooking ingredient, but not just for ribs, hot dogs and burgers.