Banana Bread. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. A fantastic quick bread, which makes use of over-ripe bananas.
Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl, then stir in the melted butter and caster sugar with a wooden spoon until well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract or cinnamon (or use both if you like), then beat in the eggs. Sift in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda, then gently fold in, along with the nuts, if using. You can cook Banana Bread using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 3-4 of bananas, mashed.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
Banana bread is a cake tin classic. Easy to make, great with tea and beloved by kids and adults alike, it's not hard to see why this is one of the most popular baking recipes on BBC Good Food. Banana bread is a great recipe to make with kids, and they'll enjoy tucking into it, too! In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and sugar and beat until blended.
Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit (325 for glass pan).
- Beat sugar with butter.
- Add eggs, bananas and vanilla.
- Separately combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to wet mixture and mix (don’t overmix).
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake 350 degrees fahrenheit for 55 mins (325 for 70 minutes in glass).
Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the peeled and mashed bananas. Then, with your wooden spoon, stir in the walnuts, drained sultanas and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture, a third at a time, stirring well after each bit. In a large bowl, combine flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.