Simple Basic Barbecue sauce. Heat oil in a saucepan and add the onion. Add the remaining ingredients, season and mix. Added half a teaspoon of smoked paprika and a bit of sugar as abut bitter for us.
Barbecue sauce can be used both as an ingredient and condiment – so get creative and make your own. related items. James Martin today showed viewers how to make a quick and simple BBQ sauce (Image: ITV) "It is really three ingredients at its heart," James added. The ingredients are sugar, ketchup, and vinegar. You can cook Simple Basic Barbecue sauce using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Basic Barbecue sauce
- It’s 1 of 15 ounce can tomato sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rice wine vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- You need 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of celery seed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper, more if you like it spicy.
For a basic barbecue sauce, all you have to do is whisk together ketchup, light brown sugar, white wine vinegar, worcestershire sauce, and paprika. Use this recipe when making grilled or slow-cooked meat, such as our Barbecue Pork Sandwiches. Read the full recipe after the video. Homemade smoky barbecue sauce is perfect for sticky chicken wings, thighs and legs or roasted cauliflower.
Simple Basic Barbecue sauce step by step
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan, bring to a simmer and simmer until thickened, stirring often, about 15 minutes. Store in refrigerator..
- This is our go to rib grill sauce and it is wonderful on smoked ribs as well. Also good on chicken, chops and most grilled meats, Great as a dip for skewers of grilled food as well..
Make sure you get smoked paprika or you won't have that lovely smoky flavour. In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together the ketchup, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, hot sauce, garlic, mustard powder and salt. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before brushing on your favourite barbecued meats. It's a simple base for starting your own BBQ sauce deliciousness. Mix up the ingredients below and you'll have a mild-tasting sauce.