Sizzling Street Pork Tacos. Spoon on a little sizzled pork, then top with a spoonful of tomatillo salsa. Garnish with onion and cilantro sprigs. Before you jump to Sizzling Street Pork Tacos recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Season the pork generously with salt and pepper. Sizzling street tacos layered with spicy chipotle pulled pork and tomatillo salsa make a delicious Mexican dinner any night of the week! Make in your slow-cooker for an easy flavorful meal. You can cook Sizzling Street Pork Tacos using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sizzling Street Pork Tacos
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of pork shoulder, not too lean, in thin 1/2-inch strips or cubes.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of ground guajillo, ancho or other medium-hot red chile.
- You need 1 tsp of toasted, coarsely ground cumin.
- Prepare 3 tbs of vegetable oil or good-quality lard.
- You need 2 dozen of small corn tortillas, ideally 4 1/2 inches, for serving.
- You need of Tomato salsa, onion and cilantro for serving.
Growing up in SoCal, I've always been a fan of pulled pork street tacos. I've topped this gluten-free, paleo version with pickled. Here is how you can achieve it. Spoon on a little sizzled pork, then top with a spoonful of tomatillo salsa and another of salsa cruda.
Sizzling Street Pork Tacos instructions
- Season the pork generously with salt and pepper. Add the garlic, chile powder and cumin, and mix well, massaging the seasoning into the meat with fingers. Let the meat marinate for at least an hour, or refrigerate overnight..
- Heat the oil in a wide cast iron skillet over medium heat. When the oil looks wavy, add the meat and let it sizzle, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Turn off the heat and keep meat warm.
- Heat the tortillas on an ungreased hot griddle or cast iron pan. Turn them once or twice until hot and slightly puffed. As they come off the griddle, stack them on a cloth napkin to steam, with another napkin on top..
- To assemble the tacos, stack 2 hot tortillas on a plate. Spoon on a little sizzled pork, then top with a spoonful of tomatillo salsa. Garnish with onion and cilantro sprigs. Serve and eat immediately..
Source : Season The Pork Generously With Salt And Pepper Add The Garlic Chile Powder And Cumin And Mix Well Massaging The Seasoning Into The Meat With Finger. Step: Season the pork generously with salt and pepper. Add the garlic, chile powder and cumin, and mix. Turn off heat and keep meat warm. Last week I shared a recipe for Pressure Cooker Pork Carnitas.