Grandma's homemade biscuits. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles. Grease a cast iron pan with butter.
Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a large bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a. Do not let biscuits overcook or get too brown, or they will be burnt. You can cook Grandma's homemade biscuits using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grandma's homemade biscuits
- You need 2 cup of self-rising flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/3 cup of shortening.
- You need 3/4 cup of milk (skim, 2%, whole).
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of melted butter.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder and cream of tartar. Add the shortening by cutting it in with two knives or with a pastry cutter. Pat Wilbanks, an adorable grandmother from LaFayette, Georgia, became an internet star after sharing a video of herself making biscuits. The three-part video was made at the request of Wilbanks' best friend's granddaughter, and she never expected the attention that she.
Grandma's homemade biscuits instructions
- Mix salt, flour.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add milk, mix until dough is sticky to touch.
- Knead dough on floured surface until dough is consistent.
- Roll dough until 3/4 inches thick.
- Using biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits.
- Lightly grease baking pan and place biscuits in pan.
- Brush tops with melted butter.
- Place in preheated oven for 11 to 15 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Brown the sausage in a large, deep skillet. I like to use a cast iron skillet. When the sausage is cooked through add the unsalted butter and stir until melted. Easy drop biscuits made with simple ingredients bake up golden brown in just a few minutes. Easy drop biscuits made with simple ingredients bake up golden brown in just a few minutes.