Banana Bread Muffins. They're ready when they've turned golden and a skewer or sharp knife put in the middle comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the oven and leave them to cool for a few minutes before removing them from the tin and leaving them to cool completely on a wire rack. Really delicious banana bread in muffin form.
I used whole wheat flour, added a tsp. of baking powder and a tsp. vanilla, and cut the sugar in half. I substituted half homemade organic applesauce for half the oil. Put everything in a bowl and mix until combined and creamy. You can have Banana Bread Muffins using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread Muffins
- Prepare 3 of medium ripe bananas.
- It’s 1/3 cup of cane sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of butter.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
Pour mixture into muffin/ cupcake cases. Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a large bowl, add caster sugar and stir through. With a fork, beat together the. Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and caster sugar with a big pinch of salt.
Banana Bread Muffins instructions
- Mash the 3 medium bananas until all mashed up in a medium bowl..
- Add the sugars, butter, eggs, and vanilla and mix together..
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Fold together to make batter, enough to not see flour. Don't over mix..
- Set oven to 300°F. While oven is warming, butter the cupcake/muffin pan. Fill with batter..
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Then set oven to 250° and let bake for 10-12 more minutes. Insert toothpick into muffin until it comes out not fully clean but not raw. Let cool and Enjoy..
In a separate bowl mix the melted butter, vanilla extract, eggs, mashed bananas and buttermilk. These banana muffins are soft, buttery, and spiced with cinnamon. They're wonderful plain, with chopped walnuts, or even chocolate chips. Banana bread is wonderful, but muffins are quicker, more convenient, easily portable, and taste just as good. Combine mashed bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter in a large bowl.