Easy Chocolate Sponge Cake. Your favourite restaurants and takeaways available on Deliveroo. Put the cocoa powder and boiling water into a large bowl and mix well to make a paste. To start, place all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
To make the butter icing, place the butter in a bowl and beat until soft. Gradually sift and beat in the icing sugar and then add enough milk / water to make the icing fluffy and spreadable. Sift and beat the cocoa powder in to the icing and use it to sandwich the two sponges together. You can have Easy Chocolate Sponge Cake using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Chocolate Sponge Cake
- Prepare 1 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of White sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Cocoa powder.
- You need 1/4 of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 6 of Eggs.
Stir a handful of white chocolate chips into the mix before baking. This cake is not only quick and easy to make, it also tastes fab! It's an incredibly moist chocolate sponge cake, with a rich, dark chocolate sauce. This cake will satiate any chocolate lover's craving.
Easy Chocolate Sponge Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Sift and combine all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt) and set aside..
- Put together all 6 eggs and mix through an electric mixer for 6 minutes or until the mixture is foamy and creamy in color. The secret to this recipe is that, the foamy the mixture, the better..
- Add the vanilla extract in the foamy batter and continue mixing..
- Gradually add the dry mixture into the foamy batter and continue mixing..
- Line your pan with wax paper and pour all the batter..
- Bake for 25-30mins. Remember to check once in a while with a skewer or fork as baking time varies with the size of the cake. Once baked, the skewer should come out clean. You may also opt to underbake a little for a moist cake..
In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until pale. Chocolate and blackberry meringue roulade Use a good-quality cocoa powder for a really chocolaty flavour in this roulade recipe, and. Put the butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and cocoa. Shut the oven door slowly, not to disturb the rise of the cake. Beat together the eggs, flour, caster sugar, butter and baking powder until smooth in a large mixing bowl.