Amazing and Easy Rainbow Cake. Your favourite restaurants and takeaways available on Deliveroo. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Smear a little icing on your cake stand or plate – just a splodge to stick the first sponge. Start with the red, then spread with some icing right to the very edge. Repeat, sandwiching on top the orange, yellow, green, blue and finally purple sponges. You can have Amazing and Easy Rainbow Cake using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Amazing and Easy Rainbow Cake
- You need of Cake part.
- It’s 675 grams of plain white flour.
- It’s 450 grams of unrefined golden caster sugar.
- It’s 9 of eggs.
- You need 3 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 6 of different colours of food colouring.
- It’s of buttercream.
- You need 350 grams of butter.
- You need 700 grams of icing sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Spread the remaining icing thickly all over the sides and top of the cake. Amazing and Easy Rainbow Cake Nicolian Campbler. Made it for my aunts birthday and everyone went crazy about it. The delicious layers of moist, colourful sponge are sandwiched with a lightly whipped cream cheese icing, making a super impressive celebration cake.
Amazing and Easy Rainbow Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and base line 2 cake tins.
- To make the sponge layers you need to split the ingredients into three. Put 125g butter, 225g flour, 150g caster sugar, 3 eggs, 1tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1tsp vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth..
- Next you need to split mixture evenly into 2. It's best to do this on scales so you know it's even..
- Put the two halves of batter into seperate bowls then add your chosen colour and mix. Keep adding the colour until you are happy you have the right shade..
- Then pour the batter into the prepared tin and place in the oven for 12-15 min or until a skewer comes out clean..
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a while then turn out to cool. If you leave the sponges to cool upside down they should flatten out into even layers..
- Then repeat from step two twice for the remaining four layers, using the remaining colours..
- To make the buttercream, beat together the butter and icing sugar until pale and fluffy then add the vanulla extract..
- To conatruct the cake take a cake stand or cake board and smear a little of onto it and carefully place the first layer centrally..
- Spread a thin, even layer of buttercream onto the sponge and then carefully place the next layer centrally on top. Repeat with the rest if the layers. We started with red, then orange, yellow, green, blue, purple..
- Finally cover the top and sides of the cake with a thick layer of buttercream using a palette knife..
- Leave the cake to set for abour 1 hour before presenting or serving and ENJOY!!!! ♥♡♥.
Amazing Cake Decorating Tutorial Like a Pro About So Tasty: Ruby Cake brings you amazing cake ideas, tutorials and how to make cake decorating. It's so interesting and easy to do. I like to use my grandmother's homemade buttermilk vanilla cake for this recipe. Rainbow layer cake is surprisingly easy to create, thanks to a little help from Betty Crocker™ Super. To make a three layer rainbow cake: We'll cut the recipe in half!