Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins. This is our favorite Apple Strusel Coffee Cake adapted to muffin size. They are lighter and moister than regular muffins with a tender cake like texture, They freeze really well, just wait until the glaze is set and put in individual bags and then in a larger freezer bag. They can be warmed carefully in the microwave for a warm delicious treat!
Gently fold in the chopped apples. Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins Step By Step. They are loaded with apples, a hint of cinnamon, and LOTS of streusel topping. You can cook Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins
- It’s of MUFFINS.
- You need 1 of large red or green eating apple I used Cortland, peeled and cored and cut into small cubes.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- It’s of STRUEUSEL TOPPING.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Light brown sugar, packed.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of cold salted butter, cubed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of toffee bits, such as health bits.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of roasted chopped nuts, almonds, cashews,walnuts and/or honey roasted peanuts. if you don't like nuts, leave them out.
- It’s of ICING/GLAZE.
- You need 1 of recipe my The Best Icing / Glaze recipe, recipe attached in direction step #10.
For my non-muffin lover I may have called them individual coffee cakes. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened (batter will be stiff). Scoop the muffin batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling to the top. Pack the streusel topping on top of the muffin batter and gently press down so it sticks while baking.
Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven n to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Whisk together in a bowl, flour baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, hutmeg and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy Add eggs one at a time beating each egg in, then add vanilla.
- With mixer at low speed alternate flour mixture with sour cream starting and ending with flour, fold in apples, batter will be thick.
- Spoon evenly into muffin tins.
- MAKE STRUSEL TOPPING.
- Combine flour, light brown sugar and cinnamon in food processor, mix, add cold butter and pulse until it looks like sand, stir in nuts and toffee chips. This can be done in a bowl with a fork as well.
- Divide strusel topping evenly among muffins. Bake 18 to 24 minutes until a toothpick just comes out just clean, cool in pans on rack 10 minutes then remove from pans and cool before glazing.
- Glaze muffins with Icing/Glaze attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356666-the-best-vanilla-icingglaze.
Let cool in muffin pan on top of a wire cooling rack. In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together sour cream, egg, and vanilla. Add liquids to muffin flour mixture and stir until just combined. First of all place the butter in a small saucepan and put it on a gentle heat to melt. Then, as with all muffin mixtures, you need to sift the dry ingredients twice, so place the flour, all the baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and grated nutmeg in a sieve and sieve them into a bowl.