Turkey Tacos. Low Prices on Turkeys Looking For Sturkey? We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Heat oil in large skillet on medium.
Salsa: Pico de gallo, hot salsa, tomato salsa, tomatillo salsa, or corn salsa Fried taco shells: Fry corn tortillas until crispy on the stove or in the oven. Lettuce wraps: This taco meat is delicious on butter lettuce or romaine leaves. Cook the strips of turkey on a hot and oiled griddle pan until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle. You can have Turkey Tacos using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkey Tacos
- Prepare 2 lb of ground turkey.
- It’s 1 of small red onion; small dice.
- Prepare 1/2 of green bell pepper; small dice.
- Prepare 1/2 of orange bell pepper; small dice.
- You need 1 C of mango salsa.
- Prepare 1 T of Mexican oregano.
- You need 1 T of ground coriander seed.
- You need 1 T of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 t of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 t of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of large pinch kosher salt.
- You need as needed of vegetable oil.
To assemble warm the wraps or if you are using tacos use as they are, then top with turkey strips and layer as you wish with lettuce, onion, soured cream, guacamole, salsa and cheese. How to make fried turkey tacos. Make the slaw: Toss together all of the slaw ingredients and set aside until ready to use. Make the seasoned flour: Mix together the flour and spices on a plate and season well.
Turkey Tacos step by step
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a large saute pan..
- Add bell peppers and onions with a tiny pinch of salt. Saute on high heat for 2 minutes..
- Add turkey and stir to combine. Season with salt, cayenne, garlic, cumin, and coriander..
- When turkey is 95% cooked, add salsa. Stir. Cook 2 minutes..
- Variations; Cilantro, lime, pineapple salsa, peach-mango salsa, corn, zucchini, sofrito, shallots, habanero, bacon, jalapeño, jalapeño powder, grilled pineapple, roasted bell peppers or garlic or tomatoes, thyme, fire roasted diced tomatoes, diced green chiles, rum, tequila, bourbon, cinnamon, plantains, ground chicken or pork, shrimp, lemon, parsley, red fresno peppers, poblano, ancho chile, chipotle, serrano, chihuahua cheese, goat cheese, queso fresco, chili powder, crushed pepper flakes, crushed pineapple, tomato salsa, salsa verde, tamarind, parsely, apple, chayote, spinach, nopalitos, pinto, yellow onion, smoked paprika, applewood seasoning, smoked cumin,.
Cook the turkey: Working in batches toss pieces of turkey in the flour mixture then cook in hot oil until crispy and cooked through. Serve in tacos with the slaw. Cook the onion in a skillet with oil over medium heat. Once it's softened, add the meat and cook it until it's no longer pink. Drain off the excess liquid in the skillet.