Apple Streusel Coffee Cake. Grease and flour a ring cake tin. Rub in the butter with your fingers or a fork, until crumbly. Pour the wet into the dry then add the raw apples and mix well.
Arrange apples on top, gently pressing into batter. While the cake bakes, make the streusel topping by combining flour, powdered sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Now sprinkle the streusel topping on the cake evenly with a spoon. You can cook Apple Streusel Coffee Cake using 23 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Streusel Coffee Cake
- It’s of STREUSEL TOPPING.
- It’s 3/4 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 8 tbsp of cold butter, cubed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of toffee bits, such as heath bits.
- It’s 2/3 cup of toasted chopped nuts almons, pecans, cashews, walnuts and/or honey roasted peanuts ( if you do not like nuts leave them out).
- Prepare of COFFEE CAKE.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 large of large red or green eating apple such as Jonathan or Gala, peeled and cut into small cubes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 6 tbsp of softened butter.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- You need of ICING/GLAZE RECIPE.
- You need 1 of recipe the Best Icing/Glaze recipe, recipe attached below.
Sprinkle streusel mixture evenly over batter. Spread remaining cake batter evenly over streusel. Sprinkle top of batter with toffee bits. This simple apple coffee cake with streusel topping is perfect for breakfast and even better with your afternoon coffee.
Apple Streusel Coffee Cake step by step
- For Cake.
- preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9 by 13 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt; set aside.
- in a large bowl, with mixer at low speed beat sugar and butter until well blended, increase speed to high and beat until creamy, lower speed and add eggs one at a time then vanilla.
- With mixer at low speed , alternate flour and sour cream to sugar mixture starting with and ending with flour, beat until just smooth, fold in pears or apples.
- Soon batter into prepared pan and spread out evenly with an off set spatula or back of a spoon. Batter is thick..
- Sprinkle evenly with STREUSEL TOPPING.
- Bake coffee cake 40 to 45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Drizzle with glaze when cool.
- FOR STREUSEL .TOPPING.
- In a medium bowl combine Brown sugar, the 1 cup of flour, cinnamon, toffee chips, nuts and the 8 tablespoons cold butter with a fork until combined and crumbly.
- FOR ICING/GLAZE https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356666-the-best-vanilla-icingglaze.
- This coffee cake is also good substituting the apples with pears or even blueberries.
This Apple Streusel Coffee Cake recipe is layered with cinnamon apples, pecans, and brown sugar. It smelled like fall in my house. I'm not going to lie, I used quite a few bowls putting this together but it was worth it. Apple Streusel Cake is a cinnamon apple crumb cake with three layers – vanilla sponge, juicy apples, and a cinnamon crumb topping. It's good for tea or pudding (with cream or custard).