Strawberry Preserves Cake, Homemade. Remove from heat and allow to cool. When the cake and fruit, has cooled add fruit mixture to the top, of bottom layer, of the cake. I used a fork to stab the bottom layer so the juices seeped into the cake a bit.
Spread Strawberry Cream-Cheese Icing between layers and on top and sides of cake. Add strawberry preserves and vanilla, beating until well combined. Add confectioners' sugar and salt, beating until smooth. You can cook Strawberry Preserves Cake, Homemade using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Strawberry Preserves Cake, Homemade
- You need of Cake and Spices.
- Prepare 3-2/3 cups of cake mix homemade see my recipe.
- You need of Wet Ingredients.
- You need 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1-1/3 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 3 of large Eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of peanut oil.
- It’s of Filling layer.
- You need 2-1/2 cup of strawberry preserves.
- You need 1 tablespoon of whiskey.
- You need of Topping.
- Prepare 1 cup of Maple Glaze see my recipe.
SPREAD Strawberry Cream Cheese Icing between layers and on top and sides of cake. Using a blender or food processor, blend/pulse together the strawberry preserves and buttermilk until it is creamy and smooth. Add the preserves and vanilla, beating well until combined. With the mixer on low, add the confectioners' sugar and salt, beating until smooth.
Strawberry Preserves Cake, Homemade instructions
- Mix the buttermilk, Beat the eggs oil, and vanilla extract. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit..
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients..
- Heat the 2 cast iron dishes. Stir or use hand mixer till the batter is smooth and no lumps. Measure equal amounts one cup at the time, into each cast iron dish..
- When all the batter is used put into oven for 25-30 minutes. If pulling away from the sides of cast iron early the test for doneness. If spongy in middle and pulling away from sides it's most likely done take out of oven, and cast iron, and allow to cool..
- While baking add strawberry preserves to a pot with 1 tablespoon whiskey, simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool..
- When the cake and fruit, has cooled add fruit mixture to the top, of bottom layer, of the cake. I used a fork to stab the bottom layer so the juices seeped into the cake a bit. Stack and add glaze. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.
Add the red food coloring paste to achieve desired shade of pink. yes you can use strawberry jam as filling just dam your cake and fill in. May need to thin if it is very thick. Moist strawberry cake layers are paired with a strawberry cream cheese frosting for the ultimate strawberry cake! The texture isn't light and fluffy, but instead tender with a tight crumb. You might even find it a little dense, but not too heavy.