Misal pav recipe. Misal Pav Recipe – a traditional Maharashtrian dish. Here dry sabzi is made from sprouted moth beans. That is topped with spicy gravy, fresh onion, tomato and farsan.
The water should be covering the matki sprouts about ½ inch above. Misal Pav recipe with step by step photos. Misal is one of the traditional Maharashtrian dish and also a popular Mumbai Street Food! You can have Misal pav recipe using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Misal pav recipe
- It’s of Green Grams 250g.
- Prepare of Onion 1 (big)– Chopped.
- You need of 🍅 Tomato 3 – Chopped.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Red chilli Powder.
- Prepare of Slat as per taste.
- It’s Tsp of Misal Masala -5.
- You need of Water 💦💧 34FL OZ (1000ml).
- Prepare of Indian Mixed snacks (which is not crunchy and not sweet).
- It’s of Chopped Onions – one for topping.
- You need of NOTE: Total is 2 onions one is for frying and 1 more is topping.
- It’s of Bread 🍞.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Oil -.
Misal is a spicy curry made with mixed sprouts or moth beans (matki) and pav are buns (laadi pav). Misal is garnished with mix farsan (mix chiwda) on the top and also some topped with onion and tomatoes. Misal is made of various kinds and it differs from place to. Drain the water and transfer the soaked Misal mix in a perforated container for sprouting.
Misal pav recipe step by step
- Take a pan Saute in los flame now add Chopped onions till turn aromatic..
- Now add Chopped tomatoes and mix well. Let it get cooked gently..
- Now add all the spices like Red chilli powder, salt, Misal pav Masala, Turmeric, and add Green Gram sprouts cook till oil is getting released.
- Now add Water 💦 and adjust water consistency Cover it and let it get cooked till oil starts to float indicated misal is ready..
- Add coriander leaves and snacks and serve HOT with bread🍞🔥.
Add mustard seeds and allow them to pop. For the misal Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds. Misal pav is a popular dish from Maharashtra, made with moth beans / Spouts. The spicy gravy is served with pav. It's my long time wish to try misal at home.