Mexican Tacos. Your favourite restaurants and takeaways available on Deliveroo. Taqueria Style Tacos – Carne Asada. These are served on the soft corn tortillas, unlike the American.
Perhaps more delicate than the hearty Burrito, tacos lend themselves to a wide variety of dishes/recipes. Across Mexico, tacos are found in soft warm tortillas made from either corn or wheat. They're filled with rich marinated meat and topped with a sprinkle of zingy or spicy salsa, diced onions and fresh coriander. You can cook Mexican Tacos using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mexican Tacos
- Prepare 1 packages of Ground beef.
- You need 1 of Yellow corn tortillas.
- Prepare 1 of Toothpicks.
- It’s 1 of Cooking oil.
- It’s 1 of Salsa.
- It’s 1 of Sour cream.
Tacos are finger food in Mexico, making them the ideal street meal to eat standing up – and just about anywhere. One of the most delicious and underrated tacos in Mexico is tacos de canasta or basket tacos. I highly recommend watching the tacos de canasta episode on Taco Chronicles which talks all about the history of this traditional "working man's" taco. These types of tacos are made early in the morning.
Mexican Tacos instructions
- Cook ground beef until browned.
- Drain ground beef.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cooking oil to a non-stick pan under medium low heat.
- When oil is heated add tortilla.
- Cook for 30 seconds on each side.
- Repeat those steps with each tortilla.
- Add ground beef to tortilla.
- Use toothpicks to hold tortilla together (as shown in the picture).
- Fyi – each taco needs two toothpicks.
- Deep fry under medium high heat for 1 minute.
- Drain & Enjoy :-).
The three most common fillings are chicharron, potato, and refried beans. Fill the shells with the meat, salsa and guacamole or lay everything out and let everyone help themselves. Tacos have a bad reputation for unhealthiness, but they don't have to be loaded with cheese and mince – try our vegetarian chilli bean tacos or Baja fish tacos for fresh Tex-mex flavours. In a large frying pan, heat the oil and add the garlic. Fry until golden, then add the beans.