Tuna in olive oil, peppers and sweet onions on toast. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Created by Spanish Chef Javier De La Hormaza.
Place the tuna fillets, the fried pepper and some wafer-thin slices of sweet onion on top of your toast. Entrants, snacks, main dishes and desserts from Olive Oils from Spain Tuna in olive oil, peppers & sweet onion toast – Olive Oils from Spain Recipes made with extra virgin olive oil. Add mustard, lemon juice and egg yolk. You can cook Tuna in olive oil, peppers and sweet onions on toast using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuna in olive oil, peppers and sweet onions on toast
- It’s of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- Prepare of Lemon-infused Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Bread.
- Prepare of Tuna fillets in olive oil.
- You need of Yellow pepper.
- You need of Sweet onion.
- You need of Salt.
Work together with a spoon or fork, mashing the yolk and mustard into the tuna. Make sure to stir so that the ingredients don't burn. Cook the onions, stirring occasionally until the mixture is reduced down to a syrupy texture and sticks to the onions. Season the tuna steaks on both sides with salt and pepper.
Tuna in olive oil, peppers and sweet onions on toast step by step
- Cook the pepper in a frying pan with two tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain until tender..
- Place the tuna fillets, the fried pepper and some wafer-thin slices of sweet onion on top of your toast..
- Sprinkle with salt flakes and finish off with a generous drizzle of lemon-infused Olive Oil..
Leave to marinate while you cook the veg. Check the seasoning and add extra vinegar, olive oil or pepper and salt to taste if necessary. Stir one last time, then transfer the tuna salad to a clean bowl or plate, sprinkle with extra pepper (optional) and serve cold. Crusty ciabatta is topped with flaky tuna, sweet roasted red peppers and melted mozzarella. You could add a few sliced peppadew peppers for a sweet and spicy mix, black olives, or capers – whatever you have in the fridge!