Flourless White Chocolate Cake. Sometimes, for a bit more chocolate flavor, the egg whites are beaten with unsweetened cocoa powder. Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Line a Baking sheet with foil.
This gluten-free cake (recipe adapted from here with reduced sugar) has a combination of ground almond and desiccated coconut and the taste is perfect. The cake may look like a plain Jane but the crumb is soft and fragrant. Blend the chocolate and sugar in a food processor until a fine powder. You can have Flourless White Chocolate Cake using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Flourless White Chocolate Cake
- Prepare 8 oz of premium white chocolate, chopped.
- You need 8 of large eggs, seperated, into 2 large bowls and at room temperature.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sour cream.
- It’s 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of recipe fresh whipped cream, for topping recipe attached below.
- You need of GARNISH.
- It’s of Fresh Berries.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Chocolate Shavings.
Sift the cocoa powder into the egg yolk mixture and mix gently to combine. Rest a medium heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water on a medium-low heat. Mix the sugar and almonds into the chocolate mixture, then fold in the egg whites using a large metal spoon. Pour the mixture into the tin.
Flourless White Chocolate Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 10 inch baking dish with non stick spray. Line a Baking sheet with foil..
- Melt white chocolate in microwave safe dish just until melted and smooth. Set aside..
- To bowl with egg yolks add sugar, sour cream, salt and vanilla.Beat until light and increased in volume about 3 to 4 minutes. Beat in white chocolate just until blended, don't over.beat chocolate or it will stiffen up..
- In the bowl with the,egg whites, beat egg whites until.they hold stuff peaks.
- Fold one third of egg white mixture into yolk / chocolate mixture. Fold next third then final.third folding lightly but thoroughly..
- Pour into prepared pan. Place pan on foil lined baking sheet. Bake about 30 minutes until.puffed and wooden pick.comes out clean..
- Cool.in pan 10 minutes, cake will deflate some.. Run a small sharp knife around edges of cake to prevent sticking and continue to cool.in pan for at least 30 minutes. Remove from pan..
- Serve with fresh whipped cream. Garnish with berries and chocolate shavings https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/343417-stabilized-whipped-cream-for-frosting-topping-and-dipping.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin, then chill until needed. Using a microwave, set to medium power. This cake is just so fudgy and without flour! Melt the butter in a saucepan (or in a heatproof bowl in the microwave). Once melted, add the white chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.