Flourless Chocolate Cake. Blend the chocolate and sugar in a food processor until a fine powder. Rest a medium heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water on a medium-low heat. Break in the chocolate, roughly chop and add the butter, then allow to melt, stirring occasionally until smooth and glossy.
In the top of a double boiler over gently simmering water, melt chocolate and butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, cocoa powder, eggs and vanilla. Break the chocolate into pieces in a bowl and set the bowl over simmering water to melt the chocolate, stirring occasionaly. You can cook Flourless Chocolate Cake using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Flourless Chocolate Cake
- You need 8 oz of semi sweet chocolate, chopped.
- You need 8 of large eggs, seperated and at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sour cream.
- You need 2/3 cup of granulated sugar or splenda sugar subsitute.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of for optional glaze topping.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 4 oz of semi sweet chocolate chopped.
Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Separate the eggs, and add the yolks to the butter mixture together with the ground almonds and melted chocolate. Flourless chocolate cakes don't tend to vary much in the ingredient department: there is chocolate, obviously, plus eggs, sugar and some sort of fat, usually butter but occasionally cream. Place chocolate and butter into a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted.
Flourless Chocolate Cake step by step
- To make cake.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 inche cake pan with non stick spray, line the pan with parchment paper and spray paper with the non stick spray..
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl carefully just until melted, set aside while preparing eggs..
- Beat the egg whites and baaking powder in a large bowl to stiff peaks. Now beat in a different bowl the egg yolks, sour cream, sugar, salt and vanilla, beat well until thick and pale 3 to 4 minutes. Beat in melted chocolate until well blended..
- Add egg white mixture in 3 additions to yolk chocolate mixture folding gently but combining well do not deflate.
- Pour intorepared pan. Bake on a cookie sheet for 30 to 45 minutes it should spring back when touched, do not overcook but be sure middle is cooked through. Cool on a rack before turning out on serving dish..
- For optional glaze.
- In a small saucepan heat cream to a simmer, remove from heat and add chocolate, let sit 1 minute then stir until smooth, spoon over cooled cake allow to set.
- Other garnishes.
- Whipped cream and berries are wonderful with this cake!.
Place eggs, sugar, milk and almond meal into a bowl and whisk to combine. With a shortage of flour we have put together Delia's cake recipes that don't need any, so you can still get your cake fix. Return to the Black Forest *Flourless* Meringue Cake *Flourless* Fruit and Nut Refrigerator Cake *Flourless* Souffle Cake *Flourless* Chocolate, Prune and Armagnac Cake *Flourless* Fallen Chocolate Souffle. Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat; stirring frequently until smooth. This luscious flourless chocolate cake definitely fills the bill.