Vegetarian Beans Tacos. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeno; cook and stir until tender. Stir in beans and tomatoes; heat through.
Cook until warmed through, crushing gently with the back of your wooden spoon, then set aside. Spicy vegan black bean tacos: For extra heat, add ¼ to ½ teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper. Other beans: Swap out the black beans with pinto beans or chickpeas if that's what you have on hand. You can have Vegetarian Beans Tacos using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Beans Tacos
- It’s 12-14 of Taco Shell.
- Prepare 1 bowl of Tomato Salsa.
- Prepare 1 bowl of Mexican Beans.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sour Cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Lettuce, finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of Purple Cabbage, finely chopped.
- You need 1/3 cup of grated cheddar cheese or add as required.
You could also make lentil tacos. Instead, add all of the ingredients to the hot pan at the same time and heat until warmed. Tip the beans, peas, tomatoes, oregano, chilli flakes and tomato purée into a roasting tin and toss together. These vegetarian tacos with black beans are such an easy weeknight dinner.
Vegetarian Beans Tacos instructions
- Place the taco shells in the oven and heat at 100 degrees celsius for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Take the taco shell. If the shells are too thin or papery, then take 2 taco shells. Thin shells will break easily with the weight of the stuffings..
- First top up with lettuce & cabbage. Pour a few spoons of mexican beans on it. Top with tomato salsa..
- Now top with 1 to 2 spoons of sour cream. Top with some grated cheddar cheese. Make all vegetarian tacos this way and serve immediately..
Using canned beans instead of dried saves a ton of time. Plus, beans are a great, inexpensive pantry staple. Infused with Mexican spices and topped with all my favorite fixins, these tasty vegetarian tacos are so hearty, satisfying, and delicious. This vegetarian taco recipe features refried pinto beans, creamy avocado sauce, quick-pickled onions and fresh garnishes. If you ask me, every great taco possesses the following qualities: something hearty (beans), something creamy (avocado), something crisp (shredded cabbage), something tangy (pickled onions and feta), and lots of fresh flavors.