Chocolate Butter Cream Cake. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Sandwich the two cakes together with chocolate buttercream; pour melted chocolate on top and let drizzle down the sides.
Add the cocoa powder slowly and blend on medium speed until incorporated. Beat the sugar and butter together until pale and fluffy, and then beat in the eggs one by one. Fold in the cocoa and flour along with the milk. You can cook Chocolate Butter Cream Cake using 10 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Butter Cream Cake
- Prepare 180 g of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of medium-size eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 4 of tsps cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsps of milk.
- It’s of Note: This recipe uses an automatic hand-mixer and gas oven.
Mash the butter and icing sugar together with a fork first, then switch to a wooden spoon or electric beaters if you have them. Sift in the cocoa and pour in the melted chocolate, a pinch of salt and the milk, then mix again until smooth. The key feature of this buttercream is that, like the cake, it gets its chocolate-iness from a combination of both cocoa powder and melted chocolate. The only chocolate buttercream recipe you'll ever need.
Chocolate Butter Cream Cake step by step
- Pre-heat your oven to the highest setting. You will reduce it to the lowest before baking.
- Lightly grease your baking pan with butter.
- Whisk your butter and sugar on medium speed for about 5 minutes. Your butter should be soft before whipping.
- Add in your eggs one at a time and whisk for 1 minute per addition.
- Drizzle on your vanilla flavour and whisk for another 1 minute to combine.
- Sift half of your flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt into the butter batter.
- Combine with a spatula. Mix till all ingredients are incorporated. Don't over-mix.
- Add in 1 tbsp of milk.
- Repeat step 4-7.
- Transfer your cake batter into your baking pan. I used bread pans (that's what I had available). Use your spatula to smoothen out the top.
- Turn down your oven heat to the lowest and bake for 25 minutes.
- Insert a dry cutlery/toothpick to check if it is cooked. The cutlery should come out clean.
- Let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes before taking it out.
- Enjoy 🤤.
This three-ingredient basic buttercream is gloriously rich without being too sweet, and makes a perfect icing for sponge cakes, cupcakes and more. Wrap cake pans with baking strips for the most level cake. Mix dry ingredients, then mix in boiling water: In a large, heat proof mixing bowl, whisk together granulated sugar brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Carefully pour boiling water in to cocoa mixture and immediately whisk to blend well. Buttercream can be a simple mixture of whipped butter and icing sugar or made using a slightly more complicated recipe with meringue.