Sticky Rice Mango. Browse the Best Collection of Recipes & Dishes From Our Famous Chefs. Find and Save Ideas about Healthy Recipes & Meal From Professional Chefs. Find Deals on Mango Sticky Rice in Groceries on Amazon.
Put rice in a bowl and rinse several times in cold water until water is clear, not milky, then drain. This mango sticky rice recipe requires just a few ingredients. Use the ripest mangoes you can find, good-quality coconut milk (avoid "lite" options), and Thai sweet rice. You can cook Sticky Rice Mango using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sticky Rice Mango
- It’s 1 cup of sweet rice.
- It’s 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1 of large mango cut and peeled.
Also called glutinous rice or sticky rice, it can be found at Asian food stores and well-stocked supermarkets. Pour ½ cup warm coconut mixture over rice and gently stir to combine. Arrange the mangos on top of the rice. Place your rice mixture in serving bowls with fresh mango on top; pour the coconut milk mixture over the top and serve while warm.
Sticky Rice Mango instructions
- Soak sticky rice in water for one hour up to overnight. Steam rice until it is all the way cooked.
- *I personally have a bamboo basket that I cook my sticky rice in which you can see photos of how to cook that on my ‘Larb with sticky rice’ recipe.
- Bring coconut milk to a boil and mix in sugar.
- Combine rice and milk mixture. Mix well, serve mango over the top..
Mango sticky rice (khao neow mamuang / ข้าวเหนียวมะม่วง) is an amazing and authentic Thai dessert. It is typical street food in Thailand, especially during summer, when mango is in season. This dessert is also popular in other South East Asia countries, including my hometown, Malaysia. Mango sticky rice, known in Thai as khao neow mamuang (ข้าวเหนียวมะม่วง), is one of the most famous Thai desserts. To make it yourself, all you have to do is cook sticky rice, mix it with coconut cream, and serve it with ripe juicy mangoes.