No bake and easy Mango glutinous rice balls. With well-oiled hands, grab a handful of the rice, flatten, place a piece of the mango inside and wrap the rice around it. Roll it in rice flour and deep fry until crispy and golden brown. In that case, take the required amount of coconut milk and cook the rice directly in the coconut milk and salt, on stove top or rice cooker.
Other varieties of rice will not have the chewy texture of glutinous rice. When you're in Thailand, this is one thing you should try and never miss! It is a traditional Thai dessert made of glutinous rice (malagkit), fresh mango and. You can cook No bake and easy Mango glutinous rice balls using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of No bake and easy Mango glutinous rice balls
- You need 2 cup of Glutinous rice flour.
- Prepare 20 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 16 oz of Mango juice.
- It’s 2 of Mango.
- It’s 1 cup of Coconut flakes optional.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1 cup of cornstarch.
In a bowl, combine glutinous rice flour and water. Lightly oil the inside of the rice cooker using cooking spray, or a kitchen towel and some vegetable oil. Pour in the flour mixture and set the rice cooker to 'Quick Cook' mode, or simply 'Start Cook' for older models. Drain the glutinous rice and spread it out on the banana leaf.
No bake and easy Mango glutinous rice balls step by step
- In a medium sized bowl,mix mango juice and the sugar until well dissolved.
- Add in the rice flour slowly until well blended.
- Por mixture in to a pan and steam for 20 mintues.
- While waiting, peel the mango and cube it for filling.
- Test for doneness when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- take pan out and cool for 10 mins.
- spread butter onto wide working surface and hands to avoid the dough from sticking to the work surface and hands.
- while still warm, scoop thr dough out of the pan with a spoon covered in butter and roll inyo medium size balls..
- flatten the dough ball and place a mango cube in the middle.
- close the ball tightly and place on a plate that is dusted with cornstarch.
- repeat until all of the dough is used.
- lightly brush the balls with water and then gently sprinkle the shredded coconut onto the balls.
- note: when rolling the balls from the dough, this part is the hardest. it is very sticky and some what difficult to work with. the cooler the dough is, the harder the dough will be to work with. u can use more butter or cornstarch to make it less sticky and cut the dough into medium pieces to make it easier to roll..
While the rice is cooking, cut the mangoes into small cubes and chill in the refrigerator until use. In a large pot, add water, sliced ginger, rock sugar and knotted pandan leaves. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, add glutinous rice flour, icing sugar and whisk together. Bring pot to a boil over high heat, then reduce to low heat. This type of flour is readily available at Asian/Chinese food stores.