Chocolate ganache. Allrecipes This is a rich, dark chocolate topping or decoration that has lots of uses. It can be whipped as filling or icing, or just poured over whatever cake you like. This is a rich, dark chocolate topping or decoration that has lots of uses.
Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. You can have Chocolate ganache using 2 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate ganache
- You need 400 grams of dark chocolate (chopped).
- It’s 600 ml of whipping cream.
Ganache (pronounced guh-NAASH and rhymes with wash), also called chocolate ganache, is simply a mixture of two ingredients: chocolate and heavy cream. Sometimes another flavoring is added, such as a liqueur or extract. Yet, by combining just two ingredients, you can create cake filling, poured glaze, icing or frosting, or the base for truffles.. Chocolate ganache is versatile enough to be a filling or a frosting, depending on how you prepare it.
Chocolate ganache step by step
- Bring the cream to a boil in a saucepan.
- Pour over the chocolate and let it sit for 3 min.
- Whisk until the cream and the chocolate are thoroughly combined and smooth and slightly cooled.
- It can be used as a glaze or it can be used as frosting.
- To use as frosting: Let it sit for 4 hours in the refrigerator, then whisk until fluffy and then frost your cake.
Try this chocolate ganache recipe as a filling for French Macarons. Use the ganache immediately to ensure a smooth chocolaty spread. Chocolate ganache is a luscious combination of cream and melted chocolate. It has a gorgeous shine and a fudge-like texture (although there are differences between fudge and ganache). Chocolate ganache can come in a few different forms: Chocolate Ganache Ganache is a mixture of chocolate and cream, melted together and used to glaze or fill a cake, whip into a fluffy frosting, or fill truffles.