Basic sponge cake. Get your favourites from &Cake delivered. Download the app and order now! Crack the eggs in one at a time and whisk well, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
Basic light and fluffy sponge cake. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until light and fluffy. Put in two greased sandwich tins. You can have Basic sponge cake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basic sponge cake
- You need 2 of whole egg + 3 egg yolk.
- Prepare 100 gr of sugar.
- You need 50 gr of cake flour.
- It’s 10 gr of corn starch.
- Prepare 15 gr of milk powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 30 gr of vegetable oil.
- It’s 45 gr of melted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Measure all the ingredients into a large bowl. Mix all of the ingredients using a electric whisk. This is a simple sponge cake recipe – you can serve it plain sandwiched with jam to make a Victoria sponge cake, or fill with buttercream for a birthday cake. A delicious buttery cake that's a easy to throw together.
Basic sponge cake step by step
- Preheate oven to 175c. Line 18cm square pan with baking paper. Combine and sift dry ingredients..
- Beat eggs, sugar, and salt with electric mixer, high speed until ribbon stage. About 10-15mins..
- Stop mixer, use spatula, fold in sifted flour in 4 batches. Gently. Dont over mix..
- Fold in melted butter 3 spoonful at a time. And vanilla extract. Gently and swiftly. Careful not to deflate the batter. Tap 3x on kitchen counter to remove air bubbles..
- Pour in prepared pan. Bake 175c for 30mins..
- Unmould from pan and invert on cooling rack. Cake height should be about 6/6,3cm. Garnish as desired..
It's moist, tender and flavoured with vanilla extract. Delia shows you how to bake a perfect sponge cake with a creamy passion fruit filling. Discover how to make a simple sponge cake from scratch, sandwiched with your favourite filling. Our video guide shows just how easy sponge cake can be. It's hard to beat a freshly baked Victoria sponge cake.