Mango Sticky Rice (Without a Steamer) 🥭🍚. Browse the Best Collection of Recipes & Dishes From Our Famous Chefs. Find and Save Ideas about Healthy Recipes & Meal From Professional Chefs. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers.
Sticky rice, often called glutinous rice or sweet rice, is actually gluten-free. Glutinous rice is a type of rice grown mainly in Southeast and East Asia. The cooked grains are semi-opaque and have a gooey sticky texture when cooked. You can cook Mango Sticky Rice (Without a Steamer) 🥭🍚 using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mango Sticky Rice (Without a Steamer) 🥭🍚
- You need 1 of mango.
- Prepare 1 cup of Thai sticky rice.
- It’s of Coconut sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of tinned coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of caster sugar.
- Prepare of Coconut drizzle.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of caster sugar.
- Prepare of Sesame seeds to garnish.
Add sticky rice to a plate, then the mango slices, drizzle the coconut cream in the saucepan over the rice & mango slices, and then sprinkle the split yellow mung beans on top. Recipe Notes *If you do not have a traditional bamboo steamer and pot to cook the rice, please check out how to make sticky rice in nontraditional ways here. If you manage to get it, cut the leaves into short sections, and insert them in between the wet rice to steam. The freshly cooked sticky rice still able to absorb more liquid since it is steamed without adding water.
Mango Sticky Rice (Without a Steamer) 🥭🍚 instructions
- Soak the rice in cold water for 15 minutes. Then rinse and add 480 mls cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins..
- Add the ingredients for the coconut sauce to a small pan and bring it to the boil. Stir well to melt the sugar then set to one side off the heat..
- When the rice is ready, drain off any excess water (mine used all the water). Then pour your still warm coconut sauce into the pan and stir to mix in the with the rice. Put the lid on and set to one side for 15 mins..
- Add the final coconut sauce to your pan that you made the coconut sauce in. Add salt and sugar and bring up to a boil. Mix the corn flour with a little water then whisk that into the pan. Stir while it thickens then take off the heat..
- Serve a scoop of rice, topped with sliced mango, some of your drizzle and a sprinkle of sesame seeds..
Now we want to season the rice with sweetened coconut milk. Thai Food and Travel breaks down sticky rice science: "If steamed or boiled the same way as regular rice, the grains will break down and become soft and mushy in consistency. Instead, Thai people like to cook it in such a way that the rice grains remain whole and have a firm, chewy texture. How to Make Mango Sticky Rice. Make sticky rice on the stovetop or in the Instant Pot. (Find detailed instructions here.) Stir sweetened coconut milk into the sticky rice.