BASIC SPONGE CAKE. Your favourite restaurants and takeaways available on Deliveroo. Crack the eggs in one at a time and whisk well, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Cream the butter and the sugar together until pale.
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until light and fluffy. Put in two greased sandwich tins. Measure all the ingredients into a large bowl. You can cook BASIC SPONGE CAKE using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of BASIC SPONGE CAKE
- It’s 1 cup of sifted cake flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 5 of egg yolks.
- It’s 2 of tsps. cold water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 5 of egg whites.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar for egg yolks.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar for egg whites.
Mix all of the ingredients using a electric whisk. This is a simple sponge cake recipe – you can serve it plain sandwiched with jam to make a Victoria sponge cake, or fill with buttercream for a birthday cake. A delicious buttery cake that's a easy to throw together. It's moist, tender and flavoured with vanilla extract.
BASIC SPONGE CAKE step by step
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside. Beat egg yolks with cold water and vanilla until light. Gradually add sugar, beating well until thick and lemon-colored. Set aside..
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks are formed. Add sugar gradually, beatinh well until very stiff but not dry. Fold egg yolks alternately with flour mixture into egg whites..
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350°F. about 20-25 minutes. Cool and frost with your favorite icing..
- Any DESIRED ICING can be used!.
Delia shows you how to bake a perfect sponge cake with a creamy passion fruit filling. Discover how to make a simple sponge cake from scratch, sandwiched with your favourite filling. Our video guide shows just how easy sponge cake can be. It's hard to beat a freshly baked Victoria sponge cake. Barney Desmazery shows you how to make this classic bake in a few simple steps.