Sweet sticky rice with mango and mango coulis. Arrange the mangos on top of the rice. Mango sticky rice is a traditional Thai dessert which is also known as khaoniao mamuang. Not quite like our western rice pudding.
Sticky rice is a dessert made in Thailand, traditionally with glutinous rice, coconut milk and fresh mango. The sticky rice is mixed with a sweet and slightly salty coconut milk then topped with sweet mango and a drizzle of the coconut milk. My favorite way to eat it is with warm sticky rice and chilled mango, so good! You can have Sweet sticky rice with mango and mango coulis using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet sticky rice with mango and mango coulis
- It’s 1/2 of mango.
- Prepare 25 g of Thai sticky rice (you can use 50 g Thai sticky rice if you cant find riceberry).
- Prepare 25 g of Thai riceberry.
- You need 25 g of butter, plus a tsp.
- You need 30 g of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need of Lemon and mango coulis.
- Prepare 4-5 tbsp of mango (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- You need 3 tbsp of honey.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of dijon mustard.
The dessert requires you to make traditional Thai Sticky Rice first and then the dessert comes together quickly after it's made. Pour the mixture over the rice and stir to coat rice with the mixture. Place the sticky rice on a serving dish. Transfer sauce to a small bowl and chill.
Sweet sticky rice with mango and mango coulis instructions
- Mix both rice together. Wash and rinse your rice a few times. Put in a small saucepan fill some water up to cover the rice. Cook on medium heat for about 15 min..
- Add some more water if needed too then add some butter and sugar in. Mix well and let them cook for another 4-8 min. Add some ground nutmeg then mix well. Add another tsp of butter in after sticky rice is cooked, mix well..
- Making lemon and mango coulis, put all the ingredients of coulis sauce together in the saucepan and cook in low heat for 15-20 min until everything soft and cooked, turn heat off..
- Cut up some mango and serve with sticky rice and mango.
Put rice in a bowl and rinse several times in cold water until water is clear, not milky, then drain. Glutinous or "Sweet" Rice – Start with the right variety of rice. It is labeled "glutinous" or "sweet". Other types of rice (like jasmine rice) will not work. Coconut milk – Use full fat coconut milk, not "light" coconut milk.