Pesto Sauce. Search for Recipes For Pesto Sauce on the New KensaQ.com. Search Now Find the lowest price for Pesto pasta sauces today! In a food processor, blend together basil leaves, nuts, garlic, and cheese.
This aromatic herb paste is traditionally made with only a handful of simple ingredients: fresh basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and olive oil. So how do you make pesto sauce right? Combine basil, oil, pine nuts, and garlic in a blender. You can cook Pesto Sauce using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pesto Sauce
- Prepare of pesto.
- Prepare of garlic.
- Prepare of purple basil.
- You need of toasted pine nuts.
- Prepare of plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of chopped shallot.
- Prepare of parmesan cheese.
- You need of asiago cheese.
- You need of kosher salt.
- It’s of white pepper.
Blend until paste forms, stopping often to push down basil. Add both cheeses and salt; blend until smooth. Pesto Sauce I like to serve the pesto over butter gnocchi with an extra sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Gnocchi are light little Italian potato dumplings, which are available in Italian grocery stores and cook up in mere minutes.
Pesto Sauce instructions
- Toast pine nuts first. In a small pan over medium heat place in pine nuts. Cook for just a moment or so, shaking the pan or stirring. They are done when you just start the smell the nuts and are a very light brown..
- In a food processor, add the shallot, cheeses, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Turn on low speed and drizzle in the oil. Blend ingredients until no chunks of garlic or cheese show. Under 30 seconds..
- Here's your pesto. Add this over cooked pasta or I love to top grilled chicken with this..
- This is good for 1/2 pound of dried pasta. Store in an airtight container up to several days in the refrigerator..
- Recipe by taylor68too. Inspired by my friend Petra..
The pesto is also delicious tossed with penne or other types of pasta. Place the walnuts, pignolis, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add the basil leaves, salt, and pepper. The key to making creamy pesto is to add the ingredients to the food processor in the right order to ensure that the nuts break down to a fine paste before the greens have a chance to turn brown. Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.