Cotton Sponge Cake with Condensed Milk. We'll Even Take Care of the Details so You Don't Have To. Remove from heat and quickly sieve the cake flour in. Whisk condensed milk into the batter.
Condensed Milk Cake Soft and Fluffy like Cotton Sponge Cake. This cake is amazing and the recipe is so easy, that even beginners can make it perfectly. If you don't have oven you can also steam. You can have Cotton Sponge Cake with Condensed Milk using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cotton Sponge Cake with Condensed Milk
- You need 35 g (2 tbsp) of + 1 tsp) vegetable oil.
- It’s 50 g (6 tbsp) of cake flour or low protein flour.
- Prepare 50 g (2 1/2 tbsp) of sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 80 g of egg yolks (from +- 4 large eggs).
- Prepare 130 g of egg white (from +- 4 large eggs).
- You need 40 g (3 tbsp) of granulated sugar.
Combine the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat into the butter mixture. Add the condensed milk and vanilla and mix well. Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture and.
Cotton Sponge Cake with Condensed Milk step by step
- Line the bottom of a 6" (15cm) round pan with parchment paper. If using a loose bottom pan, wrap the outside with 2-3 layers of aluminium foil. The cake will be baked in a water-bath so make sure no water can leak inside..
- Heat the oil to approximately 158°F (70°C). Remove from heat and quickly whisk the cake flour in..
- Whisk condensed milk into the batter. Then add egg yolks and mix well. Set aside..
- Beat egg white until frothy with an electric mixer running at high speed..
- Switch to low speed and gradually add sugar as you mix. After the entire sugar is mixed in, switch to high speed and beat until stiff peak..
- Mix in 1/3 of beaten egg white into the yolk batter using a spatula or a hand whisk. Then add another 1/3 of egg white. From here on, we want to gently combine the mixture. Be careful not to deflate the batter. The air inside this fluffy meringue is the key component of a fluffy cake. Mix just until no white streaks are seen..
- Add the final 1/3 of egg white. Mix again just until combined..
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Tap the pan twice onto the counter to reduce any big air bubbles inside. Swirl the batter with a wooden stick to further remove big bubbles. Place the pan inside another larger pan. Fill the larger pan with hot water halfway up the height of cake batter..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 300°F (150°C) for 70-80 minutes. Drop the pan 2-3 times onto the counter as soon as it comes out of the oven. Let it cool for 10 minutes or until the cake comes away from the pan before unmolding it..
Heat butter until small bubbles start to appear at the bottom of the melted butter. Pour the flour into the hot melted butter and fold to mix with a spatula then add in the condensed milk to combine. A soft cottony cake, with a mild butter and milk taste. Great with a cup of kopi-o. Cotton Sponge Cake with Condensed Milk.