Mexican rice with Indian twist. Heat oil in a large pan. Vegetables – This rice is loaded with vegetables such as red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, corn, peas, and carrot. You can add more vegetables as per your taste.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Just to make sure the rice slightly covered with oil and toast them. Add all the ingredients from garlic, onion, carrots, peas, tomato sauce, tomato paste mix in gently. You can have Mexican rice with Indian twist using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican rice with Indian twist
- You need 1 of big bowl of Boiled or leftover rice.
- It’s 2 of big tomatoes.
- You need 1 of capsicum.
- It’s 1 of Grated carrot.
- It’s 1 bowl of boiled sweet corn and peas.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 4 tbsp of oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of blackpepper powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of chilli flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Fresh coriander leaves.
- You need 2 of medium size boiled potato.
- It’s 1/2 bowl of boiled kidney beans.
Measure the chicken broth for the rice quantity and add in. Add the rice and stir constantly until the rice begins to turn golden brown. The toastier your rice, the tastier it will be (information gleaned from my friend, via her grandma of course). Blend the tomatoes, make a smooth puree.
Mexican rice with Indian twist step by step
- Take a pan,add oil in it…now add ginger garlic paste,saute it….
- Now add all the veggies in it…continue stirr….
- Add salt,cumin powder,blackpepper powder,tomato catch-up,oregano and chilli flakes in it….
- Now add rice and at last coriander in it…mix well….
- Garnish it with some grated cheese…and serve hot….
Heat the sauce pan over medium heat. Add the oil and all-purpose flour, stir for one minute until flour is light golden brown. Add tomato puree, oregano, salt, sugar, black pepper, red chili powder, and cumin. Learn how to make Mexican Rice recipe with Chef Ruchi Bharani on Rajshri Food. Mexican rice is an easy way to indulge yourself in a delightful meal without.