Thai Mango Sticky Rice(KHAO NIAOW MA MUANG). The classic Thai dessert known as khao niaow ma muang (mango sticky rice) is heavenly and scrumptious. Famously served as street food in Thailand and at Thai restaurants throughout the world, the taste of this tropical rice pudding is irresistible—and it's easy to make at home. This mango sticky rice recipe requires just a few ingredients.
The glutinous rice, commonly called sticky rice, is traditionally steamed before being mixed with coconut milk. Print Recipe Jump to Recipe Jump To Video. Of course Thai Mango Sticky Rice is one of my favourites ways to round off a delicious meal! You can have Thai Mango Sticky Rice(KHAO NIAOW MA MUANG) using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai Mango Sticky Rice(KHAO NIAOW MA MUANG)
- You need of Ingredients for coconut sticky rice:-.
- You need 1 cup of thai sweet rice or glutinous rice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s of Ingredients for salted coconut sauce:-.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of rice flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of water.
- Prepare of Ingredients for serving:-.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fried mung beans.
- You need 2-3 of no sweet mango.
Mango sticky rice is usually eaten in the peak mango season, the summer months of April and May in Thailand. Thai Sticky Rice with Mango (Khao Niaow Ma Muang) We always remember the moments in Thailand when we had Khao Niaow Ma Muang. We ate it in South-, Central- and North Thailand. And it was always a special moment.
Thai Mango Sticky Rice(KHAO NIAOW MA MUANG) instructions
- Steps for preparing sweet sticky rice:-.
- Wash the rice in water for 5 times or until the water runs clear..
- Let soak in water for atleast for 4 hours or overnight..
- Drain the rice very well and steam the rice for 25-30 minutes..
- While the rice is cooking,in another pan add 2/3 cup of coconut milk,sugar and salt..
- Cook,stirring,until the sugar is completely dissolved.Keep the sauce warm..
- After 30 minutes when the rice is done, immediately pour the coconut sauce over the rice..
- Let sit for atleast another 20 minutes or until ready to serve..
- Steps for preparing slated coconut salt:-.
- Dissolve the rice flour in the water until there are no lumps..
- Combine the rice flour slurry,1/2Cup coconut milk and slat in a small pan..
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture comes to a gentle boil and thickened..
- Steps to assemble:-.
- Serve the rice with sweet mango..
- Spoon some salted coconut sauce over the rice and sprinkle with mung beans..
If you ever visit Thailand Mango Sticky Rice (Thai: Khao Niaow Ma Muang) is a meal you shouldn´t miss. We have a local authentic Thai restaurant that makes incredible Mango Sticky Rice. If your unfamiliar, it is a dessert recipe that is very popular in Thailand. It's basically sweet sticky rice mixed with coconut milk and sugar served with a mango. The sticky rice is made in a pot on your stove (instructions included).