Mango Sushi Balls. To make the sushi balls, grease your palm and take a lime size portion of the prepared rice. Make a ball with a cavity. Seal the cavity and roll it on the sesame seeds coconut mixture.
For Sushi Balls: First, you'll need to thinly slice your fruit. These balls work best with fruits that can be sliced very thinly – such as strawberries, kiwi, mango. Use a mandoline or very sharp knife to slice very thin slices of the fruit. You can have Mango Sushi Balls using 10 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mango Sushi Balls
- You need 2 cups of Glutinous rice (Sushi rice).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Mango puree.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Thick Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 1 of fresh ripe Mango.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of red Chilli flakes.
- It’s 1/4 th teaspoon of Chat masala.
- You need 1 tablespoon of mixed black & white Sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dessicated Coconut.
Bring to boil, cover, and lower the heat. Sweet Mango's convenient location and affordable prices make our restaurant a natural choice for dine-in and take-out meals in the Southington community. Our restaurant is known for its variety of taste and choices as well as high quality fresh sushi. Mango date energy balls are bite sized treats made from a nutritious blend of dates, mangos, cashews, and chia seeds.
Mango Sushi Balls instructions
- Wash, rinse and soak glutinous rice with water for at least 3-4 hours..
- After soaking, drain the rice and place in a heavy bottom saucepan with 1/4th cup of water..
- Cover and cook in low heat for about 20-25 minutes. Don't stir the rice in between. They will cook with the steam in low heat. This is the trick to cook glutinous rice. Alternately you can steam them in a steamer by placing the rice in a muslin cloth..
- For the mango sauce place 1/2 cup of thick coconut milk and a half cup of mango puree in a pan..
- Place the pan in stovetop and cook the sauce in medium-low heat by stirring occasionally. Add sugar and a pinch of salt. Adjust sugar as per your taste..
- When the mixture comes to a thick saucy consistency, remove from heat. It will take about 8-10 minutes to make the sauce..
- When the rice cooks completely, remove from heat and transfer to a mixing bowl..
- Add half of the mango sauce to the rice and mix well..
- Cover and keep aside for 10-15 minutes so that the rice absorbs the sauce completely..
- In the meantime dry roast white and black sesame seeds..
- After roasting add in 1 teaspoon of desiccated coconut and mix..
- Peel and cut a ripe mango in small cubes..
- To this add in 1 teaspoon of prepared sesame seeds coconut mixture. Mix well..
- Also add in 1 tablespoon of the mango sauce, 1 dash of chilli flakes and 1/4th teaspoon of chat masala. Mix well..
- To make the sushi balls, grease your palm and take a lime size portion of the prepared rice. Make a ball with a cavity..
- Stuff 1 teaspoon of the prepared fresh mango..
- Seal the cavity and roll it on the sesame seeds coconut mixture. Place it in a dish..
- Similarly, make all the sushi balls..
- Serve this delicious sushi balls with some additional mango sauce. They are absolutely amazing to taste..
Use the pomegranate molasses & tamari mixture to seal the sushi roll. Add the slices of mango on the top of the sushi roll and cut into eight even pieces. Cook rice according to package directions. Pour cooked rice into a long glass baking dish. Drizzle on rice vinegar and sprinkle on salt.