White Swiss Roll (Snow Cake Roll). Free UK delivery on eligible orders! A white Swiss roll cake is a sponge or chiffon cake made with only egg whites. The Swiss roll cake is usually rolled up with a filling of whipped cream, chocolate ganache, or jelly.
Put the egg white in a bowl. (Please use well-chilled egg whites.) White Swiss Roll (Snow Cake Roll) ★Recipe Video. Here is how you achieve that. Ingredients of White Swiss Roll (Snow Cake Roll) ★Recipe Video. You can cook White Swiss Roll (Snow Cake Roll) using 17 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of White Swiss Roll (Snow Cake Roll)
- It’s of Inside measurement of baking tray 36.5 cm x 25.5cm × 2.5cm / 14.4''× 10'' × 0.1''.
- It’s of ■White Sponge Cake （35×24ｃｍ / 13.8 × 9.4 in）.
- It’s 200 g (7 oz) of egg white, about 5-6 egg whites, well-chilled.
- You need 95 g of (3.4 oz, 1/2 cup)granulated sugar.
- It’s 7 g (1 Tbsp) of corn starch.
- It’s 100 g (2/5 cup) of milk, room temperature.
- You need 100 g (4/5 cup) of cake flour.
- You need 20 g (1.7 Tbsp) of vegetable oil.
- You need 6-7 drops of vanilla oil.
- Prepare of powdered sugar for dusting.
- Prepare of ■Cream.
- You need 200 ml (6.8 fl oz) of heavy cream.
- You need 1 Tbsp of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of nonfat dry milk.
- It’s 5 drops of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1 tsp of brandy.
- Prepare of ※1cup=235cc(USA).
White Swiss Roll (Snow Cake Roll) ★Recipe Video WSLB. It has a soft and smooth texture. I would like show you how to bake an All-Egg-White Asian-style Swiss roll which is also known as Snow White Swiss Roll. Unlike the common Swiss rolls that are baked with a mixture of yolks and whites, this cottony soft Swiss roll has an interesting subtle QQ finishing texture.
White Swiss Roll (Snow Cake Roll) step by step
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/DutXPtdNXos.
- Preheat an oven to 180℃ / 356F. Sift cake flour twice; set aside. Put the egg white in a bowl. (Please use well-chilled egg whites.) Beat it lightly with a whisk until watery..
- Whisk it with an electric hand mixer on high speed. After it becomes whitish, add granulated sugar in 4 parts and Whisk it until very soft peaks form. Please be careful not to whisk too much..
- Add corn starch and mix it on high speed for 15 sec..
- Switch to low speed. Whisk it slowly for 1.5 minutes on low speed. It'll gradually become glossy..
- Pour milk in a large bowl. Add a small amount of meringue and vanilla oil to the milk. Mix it until smooth..
- Add sifted cake flour. Mix it until smooth..
- Add the meringue in 4 parts. Fold it 20 times each addition..
- And then fold it another 100 times. The volume of the batter will go down a little and it'll get smooth..
- Put vegetable oil in a small bowl. Add a small amount of the batter to the oil. Mix well and emulsify..
- Put it back to the cake batter. Fold it about 30 times. Scrape off the batter on the inner side of the bowl..
- Pour it into a baking tray. Flatten it. Bake it at 160℃ / 320F for 15 mins..
- After baked, drop the tray to prevent shrinkage. Take the cake out from the tray and peel off the paper on the side. Let it cool; set aside..
- 【For Cream】Put ices or ice packs and water in a large bowl. Put another bowl into the cold water. Pour heavy cream into the bowl and add granulated sugar..
- Whisk it with an electric hand mixer on low speed until foamy. Add nonfat dry milk and mix well with a whisk..
- Take the bowl out from the water and add vanilla essence and brandy. Mix well. It'll become stiff cream due to the dry milk..
- 【For Assemble】Place a new parchment paper on top of the cake and turn over the cake. Peel off the lining paper. Put plastic wrap over the sponge and turn it over. Cut off the edge at an angle..
- Spread the cream over the sponge. Roll it up tightly at the beginning. Lift the plastic wrap and push and roll..
- Wrap it with parchment paper. And then wrap it with plastic wrap completely. Let it sit in a fridge 2-3 hours..
- Sprinkle powdered sugar. Slice and serve!.
On the whole, this cake looks beautiful due to its snowy color. And it is so heavenly light, soft and delightful to. Generously spread white chocolate mousse on the cake, reserving about ½ cup of filling. Spread thinner layer of filling on outer end of the cake. Spread the reserved mousse on the outside of the roll and cut the ends off.