Steamed Bread Pudding. Check Out Great Products On eBay. We recommend preparing the bread pudding a day before serving. Cut the crusts off the bread and soak in milk for.
Instructions In a large bowl, combine eggs and condensed milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon powder, if using, mix well. Remove the bread pudding from the steamer. Serve the Steamed Bread Pudding just as it is, or with some vanilla custard. You can have Steamed Bread Pudding using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Steamed Bread Pudding
- It’s 4 tbsps of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of low fat milk.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 5 slices of breads.
- You need 100 g of raisins.
- You need 2 tbsps of butter.
- Prepare of For the sauce :-.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Custard Flour.
- It’s 1 can of Evaporated Milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of Vanilla Essence.
- You need 100 ml of water.
After the hour squeeze out all of the water well. Add the flour, salt, nutmeg, baking powder, suet, raisins, currants, beaten egg to the bread and add in a little milk if required. Mix the ingredients thoroughly, then place into a greased basin or mould and cover completely with foil. Instructions firstly, in a pan take ¼ cup sugar and heat on low to medium flame. stir in between until sugar melts completely. continue to heat on low to medium flame until the sugar turns golden brown. this stage of sugar is called caramelized. pour the caramelized sugar into a small bowl and.
Steamed Bread Pudding step by step
- Mix together granulated sugar, eggs, and milk in a bowl; add vanilla. Pour over teared bread and let sit for 10 minutes..
- In another bowl, pour melted butter then pour prepared breads into it. Sprinkle with raisins. Steam for 45 minutes to 1 hour..
- For the sauce: Mix together the granulated sugar, custard flour, evaporated milk, water and vanilla essence in a saucepan. Mix it well before stir it over medium heat. Stir together until the sugar is melted and the sauce is thicken..
- Pour the sauce over the bread pudding. Serve warm or cold..
Steamed puddings need not be made quite as moist as the mixture for baked puddings – for, when baked, the dry air of the oven absorbs moisture. A mixture of half breadcrumbs and half flour, instead of all flour, will give you a slightly lighter, though more crumbly pudding. Recipes where this mixture is recommended are marked with an asterisk*. Pour in enough hot water to come halfway up the side of the pudding basin. Set over a medium heat and bring to the boil.