Tri-Color Orange Cinnamon Madeleines (French) & Tri-Color Puris. Directions Melt the butter In a bowl, pour the Madeleines baking mix. Add the eggs and whisk until smooth. Add butter, cinnamon and orange zest and mix.
Grease and flour madeleine pans thoroughly and place them in the freezer. Remove from heat and keep warm. In a small bowl, sift or whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. You can have Tri-Color Orange Cinnamon Madeleines (French) & Tri-Color Puris using 19 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tri-Color Orange Cinnamon Madeleines (French) & Tri-Color Puris
- Prepare of Puris: For 3 different Doughs-.
- It’s 3 Cups of AP Flour (Maida) sifted with 1 tsp salt & then, kneaded with 1 tsp refined oil- For each one ☝🏻 of that.
- Prepare 1 cup of Maida, for the normal white dough, post mixed with salt & oil & kneaded with lukewarm water as a medium tight dough.
- It’s 1 cup of Maida- For the Green Dough (Homemade % Vegan & Organic Colors used) For it's green Color- Blanched Palak (Spinach) purée has been used.
- You need 1 cup of Maida- For the Saffron dough (Red Chilli Powder & Turmeric Powder: 1 tbsp each has been used, in it's diluted form along with 1 tbsp of carrot 🥕 juice infused with saffron strands).
- You need 1 tbsp of Ajwain (Carom Seeds).
- It’s 1 Cup of Water (Lukewarm), for kneading the doughs- all 3 of them, separately.
- It’s 300 gms of Refined/Vegetable Oil (For deep frying the puris).
- It’s of For the French Madeleines: We need to prepare White Chocolate Ganche & then colour it by taking 3 equal portions from the white one itself.
- It’s of Madeleines Recipe: It's elaborate recipe, I shall share very soon herein itself or else this one ☝🏻 would be too much extensive.
- You need of For the White Chocolate Ganache:.
- You need 150 gms of of white chocolate,.
- Prepare 50 gms of medium whipping cream.
- It’s 60 gms of Salted Butter.
- You need 100 gms of Fresh Milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of Green Matcha Tea Powder.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Fresh Carrot juice.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Orange juice.
- You need 1 piece of French Madeleines Mould Tray.
Butter and flour a madeleine pan. Add the granulated sugar, vanilla and eggs to the bowl of a stand mixer. Madeleines turn out too dense if you don't whisk your egg mixture enough. The mixture should be whipped to the point where it is thick and pale, and drops from the whisk into the bowl like ribbons.
Tri-Color Orange Cinnamon Madeleines (French) & Tri-Color Puris step by step
- As already mentioned above following the measured instructions prepare the 3 different doughs.
- Allow it to rest for about 30-45 mins time.
- Then, roll out each one of them into 3 separate elongated rolled out pieces.
- Then, join all of them together by pressing gently with one another.
- Now, with a bread/cake cutting knife cut them into several equal portions (as is required).
- Now, form a round balls from each one if that & roll it out in the form of flat breads (puris/luchi).
- In a deep frying pan- Heat the oil sufficiently to deep fry the puris, as usual.
- Our Tri-Coloured Puris are ready to dive into the plates.
- For the white chocolate ganache- Mix all the aforementioned measured items one by one while stirring continuously with a whisker.
- Keep the gas flame low and once the entire thing, thickened put off the flame.
- Now, divide it into 3 equal parts in 3 different glass bowls.
- For the Green Colour: Take 1 tbsp of Green Matcha Tea Powder & mix it with the white choco ganache, until well blend.
- For the Saffron Colour: Take the aforementioned juices & mix well with the white choco ganache until well incorporated & it's colour changes.
- Once, the Tri-Colours are well derived & gotten- Glaze the already baked & cooled Madeleines, as seen in the very pics.
Can you make the batter ahead of time? Enjoy a meal or a hand-crafted bakery treat at la Madeleine. Our authentic French fare is the perfect reason to relax with a book or celebrate with family. Beat egg white in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until foamy. Continue beating until stiff and glossy; set meringue aside.